Windows 10: Tablet battery drain

Discus and support Tablet battery drain in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Dell tablet, and with Windows 8 the battery was fine, after upgrading and doing a clean install of Windows 10,the battery drain has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RealPetChicken, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tablet battery drain

I have Dell tablet, and with Windows 8 the battery was fine, after upgrading and doing a clean install of Windows 10,the battery drain has been terrible.

I left my tablet docked to its keyboard (which also supplies extra battery to my tablet) overnight with WiFi off and sleeping. I left it at %65 battery woke up and now it it was at %5.

Anyone know what the problem is? I tried doing in airplane mode and still.

:)

RealPetChicken, Jul 30, 2015

2. tablet, my battery is draining rapidly.

Original title: tablet, battery

Hi,

I was able to click on the tablet icon and go to my apps. I can't do that now. Also. suddenly, my battery is draining rapidly.

Cathy

cathyhardy, Jul 30, 2015
  3. 2520 sudden death with su-42

I have started having issues with my keyboard too. I thought it was because I dropped my tablet/keyboard and damaged the alignment pins and one edge of the edge of the cradle where the tablet base fits. I also thought that my screen cracked so I purchased
    a replacement table and keyboard on eBay and ended up with practically a brand new setup. It ended up that it was just the screen protector that cracked so I fixed the keyboard cradle and let my wife use the new keyboard and had a spare tablet. I have 3 tablets
    and 2 keyboards.

A short while later I noticed that the % battery remaining would drop to something like 30% when the keyboard battery empties and the tablet battery is still at 100%. I thought something in the keyboard might have been messed up so I put my original tablet
    in the new keyboard (which worked properly with the other two tablets) and found that it started acting the same, it no longer worked like it was supposed too. I checked the old keyboard that had been dropped with the other two tablets and they also didn't
    work like they were supposed to. When I use the new tablets with the new keyboard they no longer work properly either.

The only thing I can figure out is that one of the updates that came within the last month or so has messed up the battery monitoring system. I can at least run with an empty keyboard battery but the tablet will just die when the system determines that the
    battery level is too low. Also, the keyboard battery only drains to 2% before the tablet battery starts being drained. One time the keyboard battery only drained to 97% before the tablet battery started being drained. Swapping tablets and charging completely
    restored the system to using most of the keyboard battery again before draining the tablet battery.

I have to say, this has been frustrating. It used to work normally and now it doesn't. I hope MS releases a fix soon.

Maybe I should see if I can back out the more recent updates to see if normal behavior returns.

GizmoEV---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Tablet battery drain

I've heard there's a bug that affects battery life with some intel chipsets, and Microsoft and Intel are working on a fix. You'll probably just have to sit tight until that's released.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Thanks, do you think you can link me to the article where it mentions this? Thank you.

RealPetChicken, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
  7. Thanks man, appreciate it. Funny you mention the chipset because just yesterday I installed Intel chips drivers for my tablet.

RealPetChicken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tablet battery drain

1. Tablet battery drain - Similar Threads - Tablet battery drain

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery is Draining

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  4. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Drain: I updated my laptop to Windows 11 22H2 yesterday, and ever since have noticed that the bettery falls quicker. Initially, 10 % fell in one hour, but now it is down to 10 percent in just half an hour.Would be grateful if someone could help me fix it. Or is Microsoft planning on...
  5. Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  6. Battery draining

Battery draining: For the last month or so I have had issues with my battery draining. I've reinstalled windows, played with settings, and nothing seems to work. I was reading around the net and determined it may be because of a Windows 10 update. I'm not sure which one would have caused it,...
  7. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  8. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...
  9. Battery drain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery drain: Hello. I shut my laptop down with the button start/close (the real one, not the one into the Windows logo at the bottom left) and still drain 13% during night. Is there a real way to actually stop Surface to use battery ? When I spend 2-3 days without using it while...
  10. Battery drain

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain: Windows 10 is draining all my battery. I used to have 2.5hours standby on windows 8.1. I can barely go through an hour on windows 10. 10745