Windows 10: tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work!

Discus and support tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an acer aspire one. A little 10.1 inch 32 gb windows 10 tablet. It has been hung up on trying to install 1803 for months. I run the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SCHLECHTJ, Nov 13, 2018.

1. SCHLECHTJ Win User

tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work!

I have an acer aspire one. A little 10.1 inch 32 gb windows 10 tablet. It has been hung up on trying to install 1803 for months. I run the update problem solver and it tells me I have updates pending and starts the update process.... again... and again. I have over 8 gb free on it and I don't want to take anything off of it. It keeps on trying to update then rolls back the updates. I don't even want to touch it any more. if the answer is "well you need to update to be safe" then what I am doing is typing this from my windows 8 nextbook tablet that I am currently using because Microsoft decided to bork my new tablet. I am assuming that this is a resource problem but can anyone tell me how to get Microsoft to leave my machine alone so I can use it? 8 gigs (after downloading the almost 3 gigs of files for the update) should be plenty considering how little space the operating system leaves. "you should have gotten a better machine" is not a valid argument. The thing worked just fine before this update and so is this one on windows 8. Microsoft shouldn't put up and update that literally makes a machine unusable and then makes it mandatory. Should I just try to put on windows 8 or some type of Linux? Or maybe there is a version of android that will run on it? That's better than a paperweight I guess. Any help?????

:)

SCHLECHTJ, Nov 13, 2018

2. Tablet mode not working in Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What happens when you try to turn on the tablet mode?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Which is the build currently installed on the tablet?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to try to switch it on by following the below steps:

1. Select the horizontal stripes icon (All Apps) on the bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Select Settings on the menu.

3. Go to System and then click on Tablet Mode.

4. Turn the option ON.

5. Close the window.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Unable to connect to computer from Tablet but OK the other way

I have this new problem I discovered today. I wanted to transfer a file from my computer #4 to my Windows tablet. Although the tablet lists Computer #4 under Network , it can't connect to it . Error code in details is 0X80070035 . What I find strange is that my other computers #2 and #3 have no problem connecting to #4 , just the tablet. It used to connect previously.

However I have no problem connecting from my computer #4 to my tablet . So I temporarily side step the issue by copying the target file to my tablet using computer#4 instead of using the Tablet.

Why can't Tablet connect to Computer #4 but OK the other way ?

BTW Computer #4 and the tablet are recently upgraded to WIN10 , the other computers still on Win7 but I dont think this matters.

Please advise how to tackle this problem . Thanks

sportflyer, Nov 13, 2018
  4. tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work!

Unable to connect the Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet on Windows 10 computer

Hi Arthur,

As you are facing issues accessing the Samsung tablet on Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to detect the tablet under Device Manager?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of accessing the tablet on your computer?

Connect your tablet to computer try few of the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.

• If so, right click on the driver, click on
      Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to download the latest tablet software to access it on computer, install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Refer to the Link to download the software.

Click on Support and download the Samsung kies.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the software installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the Samsung software and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the tablet on computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work!

1. tablet cant upgrade..... just want my computer to work! - Similar Threads - tablet cant upgrade

2. My computer is dying and upgrade is just around the corner

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is dying and upgrade is just around the corner: Hi and as the subject states, my personal computer is dying and its either the MB or chip. I bought the computer as a new build 5 years ago and was charged for a Windows 10 home key which was £100 at the time, my Question is once my new computer is built my old NOW computer...
  3. i want to delete cortana and tablet mode off my desktop computer !

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to delete cortana and tablet mode off my desktop computer !: just turning it off or hiding will work !! i dont want to ever see it on my computer ! ever its useless garbage to m and i have other stuff i can do with the memory , there is much more i would like to remove from my coomputer , dont give me any bullcrap about its not...
  4. I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades: Dear People, I just want to disable my Windows 10 so that it does not make any upgrades any more or anything that it does does it improve itself. I am just satisfied with the way Windows works right now and I do not see any need for additional upgrades. Kind regards. 134674
  5. I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades

in Windows 10 Support
    I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades: Dear People, I just want to disable my Windows 10 so that it does not make any upgrades any more or anything that it does does it improve itself. I am just satisfied with the way Windows works right now and I do not see any need for additional upgrades. Kind regards. 134674
  6. Have just upgraded my computer to windows 10 but cant seem to get microsoft flight sim to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have just upgraded my computer to windows 10 but cant seem to get microsoft flight sim to...: Have steam version also but nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-just-upgraded-my-computer-to-windows-10-but/9bd4f65a-c76b-45d5-b668-cf3ee0d3a7dd
  7. Install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb?: Anyone know if you can install or upgrade on tablets which just have 16 or 32gb? Didnt MS say something about they wont support it? 132823
  8. My tablet doesn’t want to upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My tablet doesn’t want to upgrade to Windows 10: I tried to update my Fusion 5 tablet to Windows 10 but it took too long. I have been watching spinning dots for about 20 hours. Then the message appeared ‘Restoring your previous Windows version’...
  9. Cant log ex out of my tablet

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant log ex out of my tablet: An ex was the last person to use my tablet with credential and never loggedoff. So now I can't log in with my un/pw on the device, even the original local profile (non-.com incorporated profile). Unlike with a regular profile where you can log in with another profile, the...
  10. I want my laptop keyboard to work when in tablet position

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want my laptop keyboard to work when in tablet position: My daughters laptop is a 2-1 so it can fold in half and be a tablet. I recently bought a monitor and mouse so she could use it more like a desktop but when I fold over the laptop into the tablet position, the keyboard stops working. I had windows 8.1, but upgraded as it...