Windows 10: Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

Discus and support Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RegardDu Toit, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the issue with another tablet with the same result

:)

RegardDu Toit, Dec 20, 2019

2. No internet / wifi from hotspot

So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet as I'm writing this from my ipad and doing things on my phone.

I tried resetting all of them and turning hotspot, bluetooth, wifi on and off.. I've had problems connecting pc's to apple hotspots before, normally just rebooting everything and toggling hotspot on/off does the trick.

I started reading some internet troubleshooting guides, one suggested I reset my network settings on my phone.

I did this - now the surface pro 4 won't even connect to it. It will see the wifi network but will not connect.

The ipad it connects but does not give me internet access.

I also tried my friends iphone hotspot to just make sure it wasn't something with my devices and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

realtordcnova, Dec 20, 2019
  3. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Dec 20, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Are you trying to turn a wired Ethernet connection into WiFi? I don't know if this works in Windows 10:
    Turn Windows Into A WiFi Hotspot Share Your Internet Connection

I can tell you an alternative that I have used which worked fantastic on a family vacation for us:

Amazon.com: HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port, High Performance- TripMate Nano (Not a Hotspot): Computers Accessories

That little unit worked great in several roles on my trip and can be powered from a USB port - or USB wall charger. In the car I had it plugged into cigarette lighter USB charger for power, it powered a USB hard drive with movies and created a WiFi LAN so the non-drivers could watch movies on our laptops/tablets. Using Open Garden software I was also able to share the data connection from our cell phones to our WiFi only tablets/laptops when they were all connected to the same WiFi LAN created by the unit.

You can plug a wired Ethernet cable into it and it will create a WiFi LAN for you - so in a location with wired Ethernet you can plug in your USB hard drive, have all your computers connected via WiFi for file sharing/streaming, and internet browsing via the LAN connection. The hotel LAN connection stays on a separate subnet so other users on the hotel LAN can't get to your computers/shared hard drive.

At one location I was able to connect the unit to the resorts WiFi which was out of range of our laptops/tablets and it repeated the signal for us so we could have internet in our cabin after the resort told us WiFi internet was only available in their lounge, although it did take a while for the unit to acquire the WiFi signal and pull an IP address, but once it did it kept it and we were good to go.

When it says "not a hotspot" it means that it won't connect to a 3G or 4G cell phone data signal and convert that to WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

1. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet - Similar Threads - Tablet connected laptop

2. laptop is connecting to Wifimobile hotspot but no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop is connecting to Wifimobile hotspot but no internet: I own a Lenovo laptop with 5700u and many times my laptop connects to the my mobile hotspot but doesn't connect to the internet and sometimes times it doesn't even connect to the hotspot and sometimes it connects and works perfectly fine it connects and works properly with my...
  3. Hotspot no internet connection for laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot no internet connection for laptop: I have problem with my internetPpproblem is eith internet provider but sometimes im forced to connect my laptop to mobile hotspot, and it connects fine and works perfectly then for some reason it said no internet connection for 5 minutes then it conncets again for 10 minutes...
  4. Hotspot no internet connection for laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot no internet connection for laptop: I have problem with my internetPpproblem is eith internet provider but sometimes im forced to connect my laptop to mobile hotspot, and it connects fine and works perfectly then for some reason it said no internet connection for 5 minutes then it conncets again for 10 minutes...
  5. Hotspot no internet connection for laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.: Hi, The issue I am facing is that I am not able to access the internet like before when connected to my smartphone's hotspot. It worked with no issue till yesterday. Now, it shows that I am connected, but cannot access the internet.The issue, as I suppose, is from the Windows...
  7. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.: Hi, The issue I am facing is that I am not able to access the internet like before when connected to my smartphone's hotspot. It worked with no issue till yesterday. Now, it shows that I am connected, but cannot access the internet.The issue, as I suppose, is from the Windows...
  8. No Internet when Wifi is Connected to Hotspot only for my Laptop.

9. baidu wifi hotspot internet connection

baidu wifi hotspot internet connection: baidu wifi hotspot internet connection windows 10 i have turn on inbuilt hotspot first before it works. please any help? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/baidu-wifi-hotspot-internet-connection/512c6e59-57d0-4e95-aa06-9444cf276483
  10. Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot

Internet connection from WiFi Hotspot: I have setup a WiFi Hotspot with MyPublicWiFi. Allowed Sharing in Local Area Connection *2. Everything seems to be in order as the Screenshot shows. But when I try to connect a mobile it gets connected to "MyPublicWiFi", no internet sharing from the USB Modem. I am on Windows...