Windows 10: Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

Discus and support Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to get the keyboard to display?

:)

niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015

2. Keyboard won't show in tablet mode on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga2 Pro

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro with Windows 10 and for the last week or so the keyboard in tablet mode doesn't pop up. It used to work fine, but for some reason now, when I go to tablet mode and click on any text box, be it in the browser, apps, search buttons,
    etc., the touch screen keyboard doesn't appear, so I'm not able to type anything :/

I've gone through all the settings, but can't find any that would say the tablet mode keyboard is disabled.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,

Marek

MarekKiczkowiak, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10: keeping two apps open at the same time?

Are you asking if it is possible to have two "store apps" open at the same time on Windows 10, or are you having problems doing it?

If you aren't on Windows 10 yet and just asking the answer, is yes and much more.

There are two modes Windows 10 can be in, desktop or tablet. The default is desktop mode for computers with keyboards, and tablet, well for tablets. For convertibles they switch automatically when you add/remove the keyboard.

In desktop mode the "store apps" are now called universal apps, and are displayed in windows just like regular/old desktop applications, so you can run/display as many of them as you like at a time.

In tablet mode the universal apps work just like on Windows 8's store apps where by default it displays one on the full screen, and if you like a 2 by splitting the screen.

As for going back to Windows 8. Yes you have up to a month to revert back.

After the month Windows 10 will delete the backup files of Windows 8.

A_User_Here, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DadJoke55 Win User

Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

I have the same problem on Asus tablet. Would like an answer.

DadJoke55, Aug 5, 2015
  5. If you right click on the toolbar do you see an option to show touch keyboard?

paulsalter, Aug 5, 2015
  6. I'll try that, thanks.

niksimpson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

1. Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps - Similar Threads - Tablet mode keyboard

2. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  3. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet mode doesn't work: i have a gateway notebook that folds into a tablet. every time I try to fold it and use it as a tablet, the screen goes black and i cant turn it back on without reopening the laptop, then when I fold it back, repeats process. how do I use it? it is also brand new, have only...
  4. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  5. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  6. tablet mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode doesn't work: hi my tablet mode doesn't work when i turn it on and touch something nothing happens please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-doesnt-work/14a97bc9-3d73-4252-8c32-c00b5f1f221b
  7. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  8. tablet mode with multiple displays

tablet mode with multiple displays: I believe this is a known issue with Windows 10 -- that tablet mode is deactivated if the computer has multiple displays. Has anyone devised a workaround?...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...