Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

Discus and support Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015.

1. niksimpson Win User

In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to get the keyboard to display?

:)

niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MarekKiczkowiak Win User

Keyboard won't show in tablet mode on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga2 Pro

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro with Windows 10 and for the last week or so the keyboard in tablet mode doesn't pop up. It used to work fine, but for some reason now, when I go to tablet mode and click on any text box, be it in the browser, apps, search buttons,
    etc., the touch screen keyboard doesn't appear, so I'm not able to type anything :/

I've gone through all the settings, but can't find any that would say the tablet mode keyboard is disabled.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,

Marek

MarekKiczkowiak, Jul 29, 2015
  3. A_User_Here Win User
    Windows 10: keeping two apps open at the same time?

Are you asking if it is possible to have two "store apps" open at the same time on Windows 10, or are you having problems doing it?

If you aren't on Windows 10 yet and just asking the answer, is yes and much more.

There are two modes Windows 10 can be in, desktop or tablet. The default is desktop mode for computers with keyboards, and tablet, well for tablets. For convertibles they switch automatically when you add/remove the keyboard.

In desktop mode the "store apps" are now called universal apps, and are displayed in windows just like regular/old desktop applications, so you can run/display as many of them as you like at a time.

In tablet mode the universal apps work just like on Windows 8's store apps where by default it displays one on the full screen, and if you like a 2 by splitting the screen.

As for going back to Windows 8. Yes you have up to a month to revert back.

After the month Windows 10 will delete the backup files of Windows 8.

A_User_Here, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DadJoke55 Win User

I have the same problem on Asus tablet. Would like an answer.

DadJoke55, Aug 5, 2015
  5. paulsalter Win User
    If you right click on the toolbar do you see an option to show touch keyboard?

paulsalter, Aug 5, 2015
  6. niksimpson Win User
    I'll try that, thanks.

niksimpson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps - Similar Threads - Tablet mode keyboard

2. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth: I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again,...
  3. Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update

Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update: Steelseries Apex 100 usb gaming keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/steelseries-apex-100-usb-gaming-keyboard-not/48276ac3-2e9a-499e-97cd-a130a3f28761
  4. Microsoft pushing out the folder protection feature to its Windows 10 OneDrive app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushing out the folder protection feature to its Windows 10 OneDrive app: Microsoft had earlier announced that it is working on a folder protection feature for its OneDrive app for Windows 10 PCs which will help the users to backup important documents, pictures and desktop folders to the OneDrive app. The feature called as “Folder protection...
  5. Win10 keyboard problem computer

Win10 keyboard problem computer: How do i get my computer to stop typing the - symbol when i try and use the Slash? The ? is now the dash + shift... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/win10-keyboard-problem-computer/8a64e62f-4e7e-494b-918f-d24f9208392c
  6. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop: I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's "desktop" shows up on the TV screen, nothing else that I am doing on the computer (PowerPoint or otherwise). Any idea why?...
  7. wireless dispaly mirroring app "connect" not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless dispaly mirroring app "connect" not working.: I tried to connect my smartphone display to my windows 10 pc but even if my phone showing as connected pc still showing trying to connect and after a while said can't connect try again .... what should I do ????...
  8. Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 FREEZES when automatically reopening apps after restarting due to UPDATES.: Take Spotify (desktop player app) for example. I have Spotify preferences set to NOT automatically start Spotify when Windows starts but Windows 10 will open it automatically, anyway, after the system restarts. These restarts are due to Windows Updates but probably have no...
  9. Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot

Unable to enter BIOS due to keyboard not turning on until after boot: Hello, (The keyboard I have if a SUMVISION Sonic Wave) After reinstalling Windows 10 Home 64-Bit I've noticed that the lights on my keyboard only turn on after I've got to the login screen. Inputs are also disabled till then, therefore I can't get into the BIOS (I have a...
  10. Concepts, the popular sketching app is now available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Concepts, the popular sketching app is now available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10: Concepts, the award-winning, advanced sketching and design app for professional creators is now available for Windows 10 via the Microsoft Store. The Concepts is a very popular app on the Apple App Store for iOS devices. It comes with features like infinite canvas and organic...