Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

Discus and support Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015.

1. niksimpson Win User

In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to get the keyboard to display?

:)

niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015
  2. MarekKiczkowiak Win User

Keyboard won't show in tablet mode on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga2 Pro

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro with Windows 10 and for the last week or so the keyboard in tablet mode doesn't pop up. It used to work fine, but for some reason now, when I go to tablet mode and click on any text box, be it in the browser, apps, search buttons,
    etc., the touch screen keyboard doesn't appear, so I'm not able to type anything :/

I've gone through all the settings, but can't find any that would say the tablet mode keyboard is disabled.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,

Marek

MarekKiczkowiak, Jul 29, 2015
  3. A_User_Here Win User
    Windows 10: keeping two apps open at the same time?

Are you asking if it is possible to have two "store apps" open at the same time on Windows 10, or are you having problems doing it?

If you aren't on Windows 10 yet and just asking the answer, is yes and much more.

There are two modes Windows 10 can be in, desktop or tablet. The default is desktop mode for computers with keyboards, and tablet, well for tablets. For convertibles they switch automatically when you add/remove the keyboard.

In desktop mode the "store apps" are now called universal apps, and are displayed in windows just like regular/old desktop applications, so you can run/display as many of them as you like at a time.

In tablet mode the universal apps work just like on Windows 8's store apps where by default it displays one on the full screen, and if you like a 2 by splitting the screen.

As for going back to Windows 8. Yes you have up to a month to revert back.

After the month Windows 10 will delete the backup files of Windows 8.

A_User_Here, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DadJoke55 Win User

I have the same problem on Asus tablet. Would like an answer.

DadJoke55, Aug 5, 2015
  5. paulsalter Win User
    If you right click on the toolbar do you see an option to show touch keyboard?

paulsalter, Aug 5, 2015
  6. niksimpson Win User
    I'll try that, thanks.

niksimpson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps - Similar Threads - Tablet mode keyboard

Forum Date

Tablet mode interface switching?

Tablet mode interface switching?: Hi everyone As I have been using my tablet I started wondering if there's a way, while in tablet mode, to have windows symbol, back arrow, and Cortana symbol in the bottom right hand corner. In other words switch the placements of those items with the time, battery,...
Windows 10 Customization Mar 3, 2018

Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode

Keyboard and touch pad not working after using as tablet mode: I have a toshiba convertible laptop, I was using it in both laptop mode and tablet mode. Suddenly after converting from tablet mode to laptop mode the keyboard and touch pad stopped working in windows. The keyboard is functional and working in bios I am able to change the...
Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware Jan 11, 2017

Removing files from "All Apps" Tablet Mode for childrens account

Removing files from "All Apps" Tablet Mode for childrens account: Hi all, I have recently re-installed "Windows 10 Home" onto my laptop after a year of my 2 children downloading, installing, deleting and moving all manner of files, my theory - back everything up and go with a new, "fresh" start. I have set them both up this time around with...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Sep 6, 2017

Changing the default app when in tablet mode

Changing the default app when in tablet mode: Hi, I'm new to these forums so my apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this in. What I am trying to figure out how to do is change the default program used to open pdf files when my convertible laptop is in tablet mode compared to when it is in regular laptop...
Windows 10 Software and Apps Jun 25, 2017

Is it possible to have different size taskbars in PC and Tablet mode?

Is it possible to have different size taskbars in PC and Tablet mode?: Hi. Is it possible to have a 2 row taskbar in tablet mode but 1 in pc mode? Or to remove the annoying search button on the taskbar in tablet mode? 82279
Windows 10 Support Apr 17, 2017

Manually invoking keyboard popup in tablet mode

Manually invoking keyboard popup in tablet mode: Hi guys, When in full blown tablet mode (physical type cover completely removed), sometimes I want to initiate the on-screen keyboard to popup, but there is no keyboard icon in the "systray" area. But I can see the keyboard icon in the systray area when I'm in desktop...
Windows 10 Support Jul 15, 2015

New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
Windows 10 Support Jun 24, 2017
Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps solved