Windows 10: Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

Discus and support Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

In Win 8.x when using win32 apps in tablet mode, there was an icon to force the keyboard to display, this is gone in Windows 10, anybody know how to get the keyboard to display?

:)

niksimpson, Jul 29, 2015

2. Keyboard won't show in tablet mode on Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga2 Pro

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro with Windows 10 and for the last week or so the keyboard in tablet mode doesn't pop up. It used to work fine, but for some reason now, when I go to tablet mode and click on any text box, be it in the browser, apps, search buttons,
    etc., the touch screen keyboard doesn't appear, so I'm not able to type anything :/

I've gone through all the settings, but can't find any that would say the tablet mode keyboard is disabled.

Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,

Marek

MarekKiczkowiak, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10: keeping two apps open at the same time?

Are you asking if it is possible to have two "store apps" open at the same time on Windows 10, or are you having problems doing it?

If you aren't on Windows 10 yet and just asking the answer, is yes and much more.

There are two modes Windows 10 can be in, desktop or tablet. The default is desktop mode for computers with keyboards, and tablet, well for tablets. For convertibles they switch automatically when you add/remove the keyboard.

In desktop mode the "store apps" are now called universal apps, and are displayed in windows just like regular/old desktop applications, so you can run/display as many of them as you like at a time.

In tablet mode the universal apps work just like on Windows 8's store apps where by default it displays one on the full screen, and if you like a 2 by splitting the screen.

As for going back to Windows 8. Yes you have up to a month to revert back.

After the month Windows 10 will delete the backup files of Windows 8.

A_User_Here, Jul 29, 2015
  4. DadJoke55 Win User

Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

I have the same problem on Asus tablet. Would like an answer.

DadJoke55, Aug 5, 2015
  5. If you right click on the toolbar do you see an option to show touch keyboard?

paulsalter, Aug 5, 2015
  6. I'll try that, thanks.

niksimpson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps

1. Tablet mode keyboard doesn't display with Win32 apps - Similar Threads - Tablet mode keyboard

2. Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard doesn't display in 1809: I upgraded to 1809 and the Touch Keyboard is failing to display. When I click the button the keyboard fails to display but the taskbar stops functioning. I have to ctrl-alt-del before any of the taskbar buttons will function. Including the start menu. I've tried checking...
  3. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  4. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...
  5. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet Mode: My HP 2 in 1 won't go into tablet mode anymore. When I fold the screen backwards the keyboard and mouse pad are still active, and the screen does not rotate when I turn it. How do I fix this?...
  6. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: Can I detach my keyboard from my screen in Tablet Mode? I guess I don't understand how it works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/tablet-mode/ac5ceea0-7e60-45a3-bbba-95e662578e9c
  7. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7
  8. Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?: My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can launch straight from the...
  9. tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    tablet mode: Why does my computer go into tablet mode without me putting it there.Help please. 33817
  10. Manually invoking keyboard popup in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Manually invoking keyboard popup in tablet mode: Hi guys, When in full blown tablet mode (physical type cover completely removed), sometimes I want to initiate the on-screen keyboard to popup, but there is no keyboard icon in the "systray" area. But I can see the keyboard icon in the systray area when I'm in desktop...