Windows 10: "Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing

Discus and support "Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my IT department reinstalled Windows 10 on my Laptop. I have to reset everything from scratch. Now I realized that quick actions in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martin Prohn, Mar 24, 2021.

1. "Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing

Hello,

my IT department reinstalled Windows 10 on my Laptop. I have to reset everything from scratch.

Now I realized that quick actions in the Action Sidebar are in the wrong order that is, not the order I am used to.

I reordered them. I always have in the top row "Tablet mode" at the left and "Open Settings" at the right because those two I use the most.

Now I'm a little confused. I can't find the quick action for "Tablet Mode" there anymore! I also tired "Add" at the bottom, to add missing quick actions that is only visible while editing the quick actions. But the "Tablet Mode" quick action is not there.

Where is the quick action for Tablet mode? How can I make it visible again? It is important, because it is the only way to de-/activate tablet mode, because microsoft never introduced a proper keyboard shortcut for it. Also until now the tablet mode was never improved and has to many flaws, therefor switching to desktop mode is sadly important very often.

PS: Oh I forgot, Windows Version is 20H2 19042.870 - Professional.

:)

Martin Prohn, Mar 24, 2021

2. Can I make a shortcut to tablet mode on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

As of now, there is no option to create a shortcut to tablet mode. But you can try the following steps to switch on to the tablet mode.

• Click on the action center icon at the bottom right corner.

• At the bottom, you will find many quick access options.

• Click or tap on tablet mode to switch it on.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 24, 2021
  3. How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

"Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

"Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing

1. "Tablet Mode" Quick Action is missing - Similar Threads - Tablet Mode Quick

2. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center.Settings is blocked by my school, and it would be really cool to still be able to turn this on without going through settings....
  3. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-in-quick-actions/79ff65fe-1c15-42ee-87ce-9943ec2b6e3e
  4. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-in-quick-actions/79ff65fe-1c15-42ee-87ce-9943ec2b6e3e
  5. Dark Mode Toggle in Quick Actions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Toggle in Quick Actions: I know. I know. “Why would anyone disable Dark Mode?” Well, my laptop’s screen becomes too dim if the content is dark long enough. And it becomes visibly brighter when left on a white webpage or something similar. Maybe a defective screen but I can’t get it replaced easily....
  6. Tablet Mode not showing in the action centre!

Tablet Mode not showing in the action centre!: Hi Everyone,I recently updated my windows. It is a few days since I have got the Update. Today when I was searching for tablet mode, I was not able to find it. Eventhough I do not have a touch screen, I like using that. I checked the setings and it was there but it was not...
  7. Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing

Action Centre working but Quick Actions shortcuts are missing: Surface Book running Windows 10. Action Centre working fine but I can see the quick actions shortcuts that were normally visible. Going to System Settings and trying to edit the quick Action settings just opens the Action Centre and is of no help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Tablet mode option missing from Action Center

Tablet mode option missing from Action Center: I have two desktop computers running Windows 10, both of which I have used in tablet mode for years. One of the computers no longer shows the Tabletoption button in the Action Center. I would say that this happened around the time of the October, 2020, cumulative update. How...
  9. I cant see Tablet mode in Action center.

I cant see Tablet mode in Action center.: I cant see tablet mode option in Action center. i tried to edit action center in settings but it also not showing tablet mode option. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-see-tablet-mode-in-action-center/b687d11d-f032-4e34-9374-1cdf6d2666ae
  10. Quick actions missing from action center

Quick actions missing from action center: Quick actions suddenly disappeared from action center. I tried resetting windows as last resort after trying sfc, chkdsk and DISM. But still there are no quick actions in the Action Center. Action center opens normally and all notifications are displayed after windows reset...