Windows 10: Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working

Discus and support Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Surface Pro 7 here. For some reason this option doesn't work for me when signing in/booting up. The desktop and tablet mode options do work though.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YImperfect, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working

Surface Pro 7 here. For some reason this option doesn't work for me when signing in/booting up. The desktop and tablet mode options do work though. Anyone else have encountered this problem and found a fix that doesn't involve reinstalling windows?

submitted by /u/YImperfect
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YImperfect, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Tablet Mode toggle greyed out - NOT connected to a different monitor

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if it helps.

Follow the below to enable Tablet mode on Windows 10:

• Press Windows+ I keys, click on System icon.
    • Click on Tablet Mode on the left side, and select Use tablet mode,
      Use desktop mode, or Use the appropriate mode for my hardware under
      When I sign in on the right side for what you want.
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing Tablet mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working

My tablet mode doesnt work

Hello,

To turn on tablet mode on Windows 10, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start; then select Settings.
    • Select System; then click on Tablet Mode.
    • Turn on Tablet Mode.

Regards.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working

1. Tablet Mode: "Use the appropriate mode when signing in" not working - Similar Threads - Tablet Mode appropriate

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  4. How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode: Hi,I have Windows 10 - HP Spectra 360 laptop. When I bend my laptop above 180 degrees, the system automatically disabling the touchpad mouse pad & keyboard.Can someone suggest me how can I use the touchpad and keyboard in the tab mode or tent mode?I have made device Regedit >...
  5. Tablet Mode Is Not Working

Tablet Mode Is Not Working: In My Laptop Having Windows 10 Tablet Mode Is Not Working In Windows Action Center tablat Mode Is Disabled and In Setting There Is no Switch For Toggling Tablet Mode On-Off How Can I Solved This Problem...
  6. Tablet mode not working

Tablet mode not working: when i enable tablet mode on my computer the touch screen does not work. i don't know how to fix it. i have a Lenovo ideapad 130S https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-not-working/7797e907-218e-4824-a7a1-ef3d0d26fa86
  7. can't use tablet mode

can't use tablet mode: hello I just bought an acer desktop and even if I turn on the tablet mode on I cannot use it (touchscreen feature won't work) is there no touch screen feature in this acer desktop so that I can use tablet mode??...
  8. Tablet Mode not working

Tablet Mode not working: I am unable to get my laptop to go into Tablet Mode. All it says to do is go to the Action Center and click on it. I click but it doesn't work. I am using Windows 10....
  9. Tablet mode not working

Tablet mode not working: Tablet mode not working on my windows 10 HP Pavilion 21 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode-not-working/95521798-0449-4e81-801d-523a0d37c4c6
  10. Use Tablet Mode or Desktop Mode when you Sign in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Tablet Mode or Desktop Mode when you Sign in to Windows 10: How to: Use Tablet Mode or Desktop Mode when you Sign in to Windows 10 How to Use Tablet Mode or Desktop Mode when you Sign in to Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...