Windows 10: Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS

Discus and support Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an old NAS that uses SMB 1.0. Older laptops can map the NAS, no problem. My two desktop PCs also map to the NAS, no problem. (I enabled "SMB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveMann, Dec 13, 2019.

1. SteveMann Win User

Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS

I have an old NAS that uses SMB 1.0. Older laptops can map the NAS, no problem. My two desktop PCs also map to the NAS, no problem. (I enabled "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" on all PCs). But I have two Microsoft touch tablets that just won't connect to the NAS. (All PCs are on the same workgroup).

I connect to the WAN through a batch file at startup:
    net use z: \\Atlantic\user /user:user user

It works everywhere except for the tablets.
    The tablets are running Version 1809.

When I try to connect to the NAS on the tablets, either through the command line or from the File Explorer, I get "The specified network password is not correct."

I have a guest account on the NAS that has no password, but it is read-only. However, I can map the guest account from the tablets.

Does anyone have an idea why the tablets won't accept my user password?

:)

SteveMann, Dec 13, 2019
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS [​IMG]

3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS [​IMG]

4. Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS

1. Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS - Similar Threads - Tablet PC's won't

2. Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect Win10 PC to a NAS Drive: Three days ago, I upgraded the firmware on a Western Digital PR4100 NAS drive. As part of the firmware update, I had to change the passwords for two of the users. Since then, I cannot access shares on the NAS drive from my main DELL computer. Two days ago, after much fiddling...
  3. Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC: I have a brand new Kindle Fire HD 8 and tried to attach it to my PC using the USB cable. When I plug it in nothing happens, Windows does not recognize the Kindle at all. I suspect this is a driver problem. Can someone help?...
  4. My tablet pc won't install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My tablet pc won't install drivers: My Lenovo Miix 300-10IBY 80NR had an issue and wouldn't boot into Windows and i had to install a clean version of Windows. As a result, all of the Lenovo drivers are gone. I can't see my battery level, i can't use sound, touch screen and i can't use HDMI output. When i go to...
  5. NAS connection intermittent

NAS connection intermittent: Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives...
  6. Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.: Hi. My dad recently bought a Western Digital MyCloud. We set it up last week all working fine, with access by Win7 PC, (New) Win10 PC and phones etc. I set up 2 shares and mapped them as drives on both the Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines and they worked perfectly. 3 days...
  7. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  8. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  9. PC can't connect to NAS

PC can't connect to NAS: (Sorry...I had a stroke about 6 months ago so I'm very slow. I'm trying to teach/train myself all the stuff I had for years) I have just reinstalled Windows 10 and now my PC can't connect to my NAS - please help! Thanks. Our other PCs connect fine - I even fixed our other...
  10. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...