Windows 10: Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime

Discus and support Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to have a surface 3. I always left the keyboard off of it and just used it as a tablet. My work bought me one and it requires me to enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ben1_2_3_456, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime

I used to have a surface 3. I always left the keyboard off of it and just used it as a tablet. My work bought me one and it requires me to enter ctrl+alt+del to unlock it. This is a real nusance when I am trying to use tablet mode (which is basically always) I cannot figure out how to get it to where all I have to do is touch the screen and it prompts me for my log in. Ive converted it to tablet mode but that aint the trick. any help would be appreciated!

:)

ben1_2_3_456, Jun 17, 2019
  2. JohnnyTom Win User

Windows 10 disabling alt-cntrl-del not working

all searches about disabling alt-cntrl-del did not work

I've gone in to User Account and the check mark is grayed out. I've gone into to the Regedit and the DisableCad switch is a 1.

Any ideas.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

JohnnyTom, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime

How to enable/require ctrl alt del in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, and type netplwiz in search box and then press Enter. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation

• Click the Advanced tab, select the
      require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete
      check box, and then click
      OK

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime

1. Tablet requires cntrl alt del to unlock everytime - Similar Threads - Tablet requires cntrl

2. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl alt del required before startup: Why forced to enter ctrl alt del on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-del-required-before-startup/f78f62e4-ab0d-4fb4-9ece-cc85f7a8c981
  3. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl alt del required before startup: Why forced to enter ctrl alt del on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-del-required-before-startup/f78f62e4-ab0d-4fb4-9ece-cc85f7a8c981
  4. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically & it's Annoying me, Hibernate & Sleep are...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ctrl+Alt+Del to Unlock is Enabled Automatically & it's Annoying me, Hibernate & Sleep are...: On 28th June, I was working on something & due to low battery, my laptop Shut Down. Now, my laptop doesn't do the usual thing of sleeping instead it shuts down completely also It's been a long-time problem with my windows that it doesn't give me the Battery Low Warning.But...
  6. : win10ctrl+alt+del.

in Windows 10 Customization
    : win10ctrl+alt+del.: ctrl+alt+del. ,, ctrl+shift+esc alt+F4 del. win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%B1%82%E5%8A%A9/aa0ededf-cafb-4754-9ffa-84c4f68b635d
  7. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...
  8. Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home: So prior to 'a recent update' (not sure which sorry), logon with Windows Hello only required a swipe of the screen. Now it needs ctrl+alt+del, which is fine in laptop mode... bit of a pain when I'm using it as a tablet though... Windows 10 home so no secpol.msc or...
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update: I've notice since I installed the latest cumulative update to 1803 my ASUS X53 is now requiring me to do a ctr-alt-del at powerup and after every hibernation. How do I stop Win10 from requiring this? I checked advanced options under control user passwords and this option is...