Windows 10: Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

Discus and support Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karsty17, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Karsty17 Win User

Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this function has disappeared, and all I can do is open the other on screen keyboard which is different and doesn't have a swipe function. Is there any way to solve this? Thank you.

:)

Karsty17, Apr 26, 2020

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 26, 2020
  3. How to get the on-screen keyboard to pop up in tablet mode

In tablet mode the on-screen keyboard rarely pops up when touching a text input field, and there is no task bar and no touch keyboard icon. What is the point of tablet mode if I can't use it as a tablet? Touch functionality took 3 steps back in Win10.
    compared to 8.1.

Mark McQuaide, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Tablet screen keyboard

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  4. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  5. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  6. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  7. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode: I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear automatically whenever I pressed on a box to write, but for some reason it does not. Along with that I cannot touch any items on the...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...