Windows 10: Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

Discus and support Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DianeS.ds, Apr 25, 2022.

1. DianeS.ds Win User

Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything opens up the way I left it.Just a major issues, just annoying that I have to do this each time I login in.Thanks.

:)

DianeS.ds, Apr 25, 2022

2. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close :)

phamthanhnhan, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Tablet shuts off when in sleep mode in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the PC prior to the issue?

I suggest you to run the Power Troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side of the screen panel.
    • Select Power from the options,
      click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on similar issue and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/e7e1abe0-fbb6-43ab-884b-6f2cc5e5014a?page=2

Write back to us with the answers to the questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

1. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close - Similar Threads - Tablet shut down

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  5. Tablet Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Keeps Shutting Down: This just started a few days ago. I have this Windows 8.1 tablet, 32 bit Intel processor, 2G RAM, 64G disk with 93MB free space. It just started shutting down. As I power up, after a typical boot time and as the screens start to settle down, the screen will go blank except...
  6. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close: I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything...
  7. Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close

Tablet shut down or sleep - all apps close: I am wondering if someone can explain why when I use my MS Surface Pro 7 and either put the tablet to sleep or shut down, the next time I login I have to sign-in again to all the websites I've left open.Yet when I use my non-MS computer or laptop and do the same everything...
  8. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  9. Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode: Very recently, when I close my laptop set to put it in sleep mode all apps are closed. It happens even if I put it in sleep mode without closing the laptop. This is causing loss of work, and a slow restart when I have to reopen tabs. I have checked and double checked all...
  10. When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed

in Windows 10 Support
    When you shut down your PC, all apps are closed: Hi In the past when i click on the power button and there where open programs, they wil also clossed Now i get a list with the open programs and windows will not shutdown. How can i get that when there are open programa's windows will shutdown 127130