Windows 10: Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility

Discus and support Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am desperate for help Please Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility. I thought download the media creation tool and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Merv-70, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Merv-70 Win User

Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility

I am desperate for help Please

Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility.

I thought download the media creation tool and reinstall, which I did and after following instructions I got the error 0x80080005-0x90018.

I then found an article which said to do the following:

Run Command Prompt as an Administrator by typing CMD into the Windows search bar at the start menu, then right click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator".
    Then in Command Prompt run the following scans one at a time, waiting for one to finish before proceeding to the next:
    TYPE, sfc /scannow HIT ENTER
    TYPE, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth HIT ENTER
    TYPE, chkdsk /v /f /r C: HIT ENTER
    Then when you're asked to schedule it, TYPE Y and HIT ENTER
    Lastly, TYPE Shutdown /r HIT ENTER
    Give it a second to restart, and for me this process took about 30 minutes after I ran that restart command Shutdown /r.

All operations completed sucsessfully with no errors shown

After the re-start I again tried the Media Creation tool and got the same error code

Exact error:

Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility ee65ddae-9cfd-465e-9d47-2baf54f715be?upload=true.jpg

I now have a tablet that I can do nothing with.

:)

Merv-70, Dec 13, 2020
  2. scath1111 Win User

Windows Update bricks my tablet

Windows Update cranks my disk usage to 112% (which is impossible) and leaves it there.

This permanently bricks my tablet, making it unusable - windows update NEVER stops running.

I am forced to turn internet off.

Telling windows that the connection is metered does no good - windows updates anyway.

Turning off the windows update service does no good - windows re-enables it automatically.

I need to turn this off permanently.

scath1111, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility

Intel Driver Update Utility Installer

Hello,

To address your concern, it's safe to run the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer if it's compatible with Windows 10. If not, you can run it in
    Compatibility Mode. Regarding with the error "USB controller has failed or not working", refer to the steps provided below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click on any device in the Device Manager, and click Scan for hardware changes. It will automatically reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility

1. Tablet turned into a Brick after running Driver Update Utility - Similar Threads - Tablet turned Brick

2. PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update: Hi everyone, I updated the graphics drivers on a new PC this afternoon and upon the next startup the PC was completely bricked. My monitor detects no signal whatsoever, and my keyboard does not light up. I've tried power cycling many times, removing and replacing the GPU and...
  3. My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday: After the windows on my tablet yesterday. I am not able to turn the tablet and it is not taking a charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tablet-will-not-turn-on-after-did-an-update/d7d9d7f7-e37a-40e1-bd27-ab169f9dfaec
  4. is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC?: Dear Microsoft Support, is it safe to run the CPU-Z utility on a tablet PC? Is it safe to overclock the CPU / GPU core voltage and change the manufacturer settings with CPU-Z? Are there any drawbacks to using this utility? This is because I have experienced it twice and after...
  5. Tablet Driver not running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet Driver not running: So my tablet driver is not running. Ive tried restarting my desktop computer multiple times and I have no idea how to access the driver. The desktop model is the inspiron 387. I can go into the login screen and everything works perfectly fine, but once I login to my account...
  6. Windows update issue. Tablet drivers not running after attempting to update.

Windows update issue. Tablet drivers not running after attempting to update.: When trying to update my wife's HP Elite book, from build 1803 to 1909, after it goes through everything I keep getting a box that says "Tablet driver not running" and a black screen and I cant do anything except roll back to 1803 again. All the drivers are up to date...
  7. Drivers & Utilities Software Updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers & Utilities Software Updater: hello all out there , i am curious if we have any legit application to scan our windows/system for any updates like usb/audio/etc devices. there are thousand in the web but unfortunately they are all scams......
  8. Linx 10/64 tablets - bricked by Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linx 10/64 tablets - bricked by Windows update: We have approx. 60 x Linx tablets - running Win 10 The problem is that they are being bricked by Win updates They are running Win 10 Enterprise and the latest update is killing them - completely - no BIOS access - nothing What is MS planning on doing to get past this issue...
  9. Driver Update utilities?

Driver Update utilities?: There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and Driver Download Software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Are they trustable? Which one would be the best? I prefer free one but...
  10. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...