Windows 10: Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video.

Discus and support Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a month ago, browser tabs that have audio or video sources restart right after I stop them. Sometimes shutting the browser and restarting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnUllman1, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video.

About a month ago, browser tabs that have audio or video sources restart right after I stop them. Sometimes shutting the browser and restarting it helps for a short while, but then the problem starts again. It is not just youtube, but also MasterClass, and Spotify. Does anyone know how to stop this. I did turn off autoplay on Youtube, but that didn't help.

Linux is looking better and better.

John

:)

JohnUllman1, Aug 9, 2020

2. Audio and video skipping with Windows 10/Edge

I have the same issue and the fix does not work. Also have a split 2. edge worked for about a week, now all Microsoft software will not play audio or video. Edge browser, Windows media player, groove music, xbox all windows apps play audio and video
    that skips. It takes 6 seconds to play every one second of audio in groove and edge web browser plays videos like a broken record with similar lag about 6 or 7 seconds of skipping for one second of actual video. The first week everything worked fine now
    its like there is bad codec or something. Chrome works, can play audio and video in chrome like a champ, but I liked edge much better then chrome when it worked Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video. :( Please help I don't want to keep using chrome.

BrettTaake, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video.

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video.

1. Tabs in Edge, Chrome, restart audio about one minute after I stop the audio or video. - Similar Threads - Tabs Edge Chrome

2. Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video Stop Working After Sleep Mode: I have been experiencing an extremely annoying issue for the past few weeks that has finally bothered me enough to warrant a post. Every night I put my computer to sleep and wake it up the next day. Upon waking up, the computer no longer plays any videos or any audio Both...
  3. Edge Continues to play video/audio

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edge Continues to play video/audio: My kids are both using Microsoft Edge as their browser under Family Controls. When their allocated time is up, the browser continues to play video and audio. So if they are on YouTube, the browser still allows YouTube to "spin" through its playlist, allowing the audio...
  4. Audio and video delay after a minute ish

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio and video delay after a minute ish: Hi, I have been experiencing this problem for a while and all the videos I watch just tell me to update my drivers which are already updated and troubleshoot which does nothing, frankly I am frustrated at this point. What happens is that I will be watching any sort of video...
  5. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After recent update audio quits working after one minute.: Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508 Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble shooter and after a scan it suggests changing the driver to the "inbox class driver" whatever that is. Sound will come back...
  6. Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes: I just recently got an old computer that ran windows 7 but had alot of missing features, and after some fiddling with the software and researching different solutions after learning windows 7 lost support, i was able to get it hooked up to the internet via ethernet and...
  7. Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...

Audio Player Wont Work In Chrome or Edge, but...: Hi to whoever is reading this, Ever since a windows 10 update about 6 or 7 months ago, I have not been able to play any sort of video in my chrome and edge web browser. Whenever I try playing a video, "audio renderer error, please restart your computer" comes up. What's...
  8. Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.

Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.: Hello YouTube audio(only) started to stutter quite frequently maybe around the time when flash stopped being supported ? Idk what to do and how to fix it. I have tried to change the audio Hz in my settings and switching off the acceleration thing but nothing helps it....
  9. Video and Audio Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and Audio Stops Working: After only a few short videos or if I pause and restart a couple of times, videos and audio will not work anymore. I have to reboot and if I'm lucky I can watch a video. This has been going on for months and seems to be getting worse. I am taking online classes and I need to...
  10. All video in every browser loses audio then stops after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All video in every browser loses audio then stops after a few minutes: So, there was an automatic windows update on my machine a few days ago. It was some huge update that took hours, and afterwards it was acting like it had just installed Windows again. It had those placeholder screens saying how great Windows 10 was and that it was preparing...