Windows 10: Tabs keep opening on help pages

Discus and support Tabs keep opening on help pages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CattyChan, Jan 11, 2019.

1. CattyChan Win User

Tabs keep opening on help pages

Hey y'all, so recently my browsers: Microsoft edge, chrome, Firefox, (mainly Microsoft edge) keep opening "Microsoft support", "Windows 10 help", and when I'm on discord - "Discord support" opens. (Currently, the record for the amount of tabs that have opened is over 2k.)

Btw, they just randomly open, even when I'm drawing on paint tool sai, the help thing came up so many times I had to stop drawing.

I've scanned with Malwarebytes, Bullgaurd, Spybot, and Spyhunter 5.

With Malwarebytes, Bullgaurd and Spyhunter 5, no threats were found. But when I scanned with Spybot on safe mode, it closed by itself midscan.

I've already wiped my laptop (but kept my files), and everything still happens.

Does anyone know the cause of this?

(I'm using win10).

Also, this probably doesn't make any sense, or isn't that important but I'm just a clueless teenager so...?

:)

CattyChan, Jan 11, 2019

2. open a new tab to my home page in edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

You can set New Tab as a Home Page on Microsoft Edge. Please follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots ()
      on the top right corner.
    • Select Settings.
    • Under the option, “Open with”, check and select, “New Tab Page.”
    • Close and Reopen the browser and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 11, 2019
  3. PamHogg Win User
    open a new tab to my home page in edge

Did you even read the question?

PamHogg, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

"Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Tabs keep opening on help pages - Similar Threads - Tabs keep opening

2. Help pages keep on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help pages keep on opening: In my browsers like chrome/edge, tabs with how to get help on Microsoft keeps opening up by itself. If the internet is off, then HP hardware diagnostics pops up. There are days when I work just fine, but suddenly the problem erupts. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from...
  3. Help pages keep on opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help pages keep on opening: In my browsers like chrome/edge, tabs with how to get help on Microsoft keeps opening up by itself. If the internet is off, then HP hardware diagnostics pops up. There are days when I work just fine, but suddenly the problem erupts. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard from...
  4. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  5. pages and tabs open by themselves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pages and tabs open by themselves: in both desk top and laptop modes pages and tabs open automatically in windows 10,edge and chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-and-tabs-open-by-themselves/56e84795-f8e6-42b0-b7a7-5cbd0a954a81
  6. Links keep opening in new tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links keep opening in new tab: Hi everyone. Recently I have been experiencing something new on my surface laptop 3. Previously, when I click on a website, for example, it would open in the same tab. However, recently, whenever I click on a link or website, it opens in a new tab resulting in so many tabs...
  7. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages: Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an email. Other web pages seem OK for now. I scanned my laptop (windows 10) by defender and superantispyware and found nothing. Is it...
  8. My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My browser keeps randomly opening tabs on opera, and it's always the microsoft support page.: So basically my browser opera which i since deleted, has been randomly opening the microsoft support, page, and it's always at 11:21am, and it's also been happening on Microsoft edge, i first thought someone i may live with may have been snooping through my computer, but i...
  9. Page keeps opening by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page keeps opening by itself.: Pages keep opening by themselves, the pages are bing searches saying something about Windows 10, it started with chrome, then after I updated to the latest version of Windows 10, it started doing it with Microsoft Edge, it opens multiple tabs of the same page, sometimes it...
  10. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...