Windows 10: tabs open for no reason in my default browser

Discus and support tabs open for no reason in my default browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday tabs suddenly opens for no reason that lead to scams mostly like: thegoodcaster, and free phones scam, etc. I used antivirus and antimalware... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by abdullahghassan, Oct 8, 2019.

1. tabs open for no reason in my default browser

Yesterday tabs suddenly opens for no reason that lead to scams mostly like: thegoodcaster, and free phones scam, etc. I used antivirus and antimalware apps but they say that nothing is wrong, by the way it open even if you didn't open your default browser. I tried to fix this using tutorials on YouTube but they didn't work, I tried resetting my pc three times but it says that there was an error in resetting the pc. No changes were made. Please can anybody fix this it is really annoying and it prevent me from working.

:)

abdullahghassan, Oct 8, 2019

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

Bree, Oct 8, 2019
  4. sfmans Win User

tabs open for no reason in my default browser

Anniversary Update - default browser opens on login

Thanks!

From your excellent list of suggestions

a) - yes, still happens
    b) - cannot see anything out of the ordinary, nor any reason in there why the browser would open
    c) - yes, still happens - created a local user and the browser opened on login. It was Edge this time rather than Chrome.
    d) - Nothing in scheduled tasks that wasn't there before (two Google update tasks, Adobe Acrobat updater (disabled), and a user feed sync task running system32\msfeedsync.exe.

So, sadly, still none the wiser ...

sfmans, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

tabs open for no reason in my default browser

1. tabs open for no reason in my default browser - Similar Threads - tabs open reason

2. Bing browser inoperable. Won't open tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing browser inoperable. Won't open tabs: Smashed the old Microsoft with a right hook because it was inoperable. The new one will not open even the Microsft home page.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-browser-inoperable-wont-open-tabs/2e1a1d27-efe1-435b-875e-9a665e0fdcc6
  3. Bing browser inoperable. Won't open tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing browser inoperable. Won't open tabs: Smashed the old Microsoft with a right hook because it was inoperable. The new one will not open even the Microsft home page.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-browser-inoperable-wont-open-tabs/2e1a1d27-efe1-435b-875e-9a665e0fdcc6
  4. Bing browser inoperable. Won't open tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Too many browser tabs open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  6. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  7. Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 opening new tabs in the default browser automatically, It doesn't allow search...: I am using Thinkpad T560 with Window 10 PRO build OS, i5 6th Generation, 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD. Problem: My Default browser is opening automatically. It doesn't allow search or browse anything. If I remove the browser, it shows popup again and again for how do you want to...
  8. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  9. Links don't open in default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  10. Opening my websites with my default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening my websites with my default browser: I have found that Microsoft Edge is way to slow as a default browser. I chose Google Chrome as my default browser. I use Cortana a lot. I checked my settings and Google Chrome IS my default browser. My question is this. Why does Cortana use Microsoft Edge to open my web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows opening new tab for no reason