Windows 10: Tag info in Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Tag info in Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello i have scanned a whole lot of photos as TIFFS created on a kodak scanner. i have then added tag attributes (principally the date of when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GiselaEpifanoff, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Tag info in Microsoft Photos

hello

i have scanned a whole lot of photos as TIFFS created on a kodak scanner. i have then added tag attributes (principally the date of when the photo was taken) (note: not scanned) in windows 7.

When i open them up in Microsoft Photos (windows ten), instead of sorting them according my tag date info, it does not seem to read the tag attributes and adds them the date of when they were scanned.

How can i fix this please?

:)

GiselaEpifanoff, Jul 6, 2019

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 6, 2019
  3. jasonkitt Win User
    tagging photo

Hi.

Thankyou for this info - it helped find the tags I'd placed for the photos on the computer before installing Windows 10. Now I need to find out: when I place a name, for example 'jason' into the search box, why does it not list all the photos that have that
    name tagged to the relevant pictures?

Jason

jasonkitt, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Tag info in Microsoft Photos

Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Tag info in Microsoft Photos

1. Tag info in Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Tag info Microsoft

2. Folder tag info- sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder tag info- sorting: I need a way to add an editable column for folders that can be sorted. We have a folder on the server that contains all of of our job folders in it that the name start with the job #. There can be 3-400 of these during the course of a year. I'd like to add a column that would...
  3. Folder tag info- sorting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder tag info- sorting: I need a way to add an editable column for folders that can be sorted. We have a folder on the server that contains all of of our job folders in it that the name start with the job #. There can be 3-400 of these during the course of a year. I'd like to add a column that would...
  4. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  5. Photo tags

Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  6. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  7. Microsoft photos tags only few photos

Microsoft photos tags only few photos: Hi all, I'm using onedrive in order to store my images 200gb. I saw that MS photos ver 2019.19041.20110.0 has people tagging feature, however after tagging people 6 people in a few images ~300 it stops. I tried to search for a solution uninstall from shell, install from shell...
  8. File Explorer tag info

File Explorer tag info: File Explorer view can show tags. How to input tag info? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tag-info/a0dbb5c9-9f0d-4927-9e00-b1474bcf2400"
  9. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  10. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375