Windows 10: TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and...

Discus and support TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to access a list of all tags I have added to my photos and files in Windows 10. Not just tags on an individual file, which I can easily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoannaMe, Mar 26, 2019.

1. JoannaMe Win User

TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and...

I would like to access a list of all tags I have added to my photos and files in Windows 10.

Not just tags on an individual file, which I can easily see in Windows Explorer and file details, but all tags across all folders at once.

I need to be able to see all tags that exist, so I can edit and organize them.

This should be a simple features that I can't seem to find.

:)

JoannaMe, Mar 26, 2019

2. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Adding Title/Comments/Tags to Folders + Sort in File Manager

Hi, just come across this which I think will interest you- seems very competent.

File Metadata - Download File Meta 1.3

1. Explorer with normal view of details pane for txt

TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and... [​IMG]

2. Configuration screen for program

TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and... [​IMG]

3. Result with several added editable fields and added comment

dalchina, Mar 26, 2019
  4. TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and...

Location of tags used

Okay - you've shown beyond a doubt. I have to try to reproduce this issue again. Could be that I didn't have all the references removed. It may take me a little while, it's late here. So I went to a Pictures folder to a file with no tag, and typed
    'a'.

I then bounced up to search my "This PC" and searched on tags:Abbigliamento 1 item resulted 'Buttons.cpt' which has these tags:

Button; Clothing; Schaltfläche; Kleidung; Botón; Vestimenta; Bouton; Vêtements; Pulsante; Abbigliamento; Knop; Kleding; Painike; Vaatetus; Knapp; Kläder; Botão; Roupas; Tlačítko; Oblečení; Przycisk; Ubiór; Gomb; Ruházat; Кнопка; Одежда; 단추; 의류; ボタン; 衣類;
    按鈕; 衣著; 钮扣; 服装;

Buttons.cpt is the only file in This PC with this tag. The file is not in My Documents folder and when I searched only in My Documents, no other file was found. But the suggested Tags is listing all Tags used in all areas of the PC.

I think my answer is that I need to have an outside list to refer to. Viewing my Pictures by Group By Tag was a great suggestion. Thank you for that!

ChristineSwan, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and...

1. TAG Management in Windows 10 : See all tags used across all folders & be able to manage and... - Similar Threads - TAG Management tags

2. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  3. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  4. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  5. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  6. Tagging FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tagging FOLDERS: Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up...
  7. Tagging FOLDERS

Tagging FOLDERS: Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up...
  8. Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags: Can you advise if there is a way for the People page to display people that are in less than 3 photos? Currently I will only see a person if they are tagged in at least 3 photos....
  9. Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in the windows explorer: tagging all types of files and folders: Does anybody know if microsoft has any plans on supporting tags for every type of file and folder? I found some other tools like tabbles (https://tabbles.net) and 'Tagging for windows' (https://tagging.connectpaste.com) which are good to work with, but I would like it to be...
  10. manage photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manage photo tags: How do I edit spelling of photo tags and delete unwanted ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-photo-tags/41c92d35-8ee3-4207-bfb9-fe83b0f88eaa