Windows 10: Tagging FOLDERS

Discus and support Tagging FOLDERS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Twentyman, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Tagging FOLDERS

Good afternoon Brains Trust,is there a way of tagging folders in windows 11? It does not look like Microsoft has addressed this but there seems to be a number of knockoff programs. I can not be sure that they are entirely safe. Its such a good feature, do we know if its up for consideration with a windows update?thanks in advance

:)

Daniel Twentyman, Aug 7, 2022

2. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Tagging FOLDERS [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Tagging FOLDERS

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Tagging FOLDERS

1. Tagging FOLDERS - Similar Threads - Tagging FOLDERS

2. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  5. Tag all my photos with the name of their folder

Tag all my photos with the name of their folder: I have a photo archive dating back many years totaling 150 GB where the photos are arranged in folders according to years and locations. This archive is stored on my OneDrive. Is there a way to give each photo a tag that equals its folder name, either using a script or a 3rd...
  6. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid": When trying to delete a folder that someone synced to their OneDrive, it gives the following error:"The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"I've already chkdsk'd the C drive and there's no issues. I've tried to robocopy a blank folder of the same name over it...
  7. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid": When trying to delete a folder that someone synced to their OneDrive, it gives the following error:"The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"I've already chkdsk'd the C drive and there's no issues. I've tried to robocopy a blank folder of the same name over it...
  8. Can't delete folder because "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. windows 10 freezing/memory leaking when editing mp3 tags from folder details panel

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 freezing/memory leaking when editing mp3 tags from folder details panel: Anyone else experiencing this? Mine is a modest PC with 8 gigs of ram, maybe not enough to set mp3s artist/title? I'm running windows 10 21h1, next month I'll be forced to upgrade to 22h2 but I don't think will change anything. submitted by /u/No_Cookie3005 [link]...
  10. Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders

Information on Windows 10 File Explorer Tagging for Folders: Hello,I would like to ask if anyone has come across any article or official statement from Microsoft stating that folder tagging was not implemented in Windows for a particular reason?I've come across the following post by Pinjoy who also found it hard to find any solution to...