Windows 10: tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

Discus and support tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone. I am wondering if there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ComptonBird, Oct 3, 2018.

1. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone.

I am wondering if there is something I can change in settings so I can get this convenience back?

Thanks

:)

ComptonBird, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Importing photos from a CF card off of a camera

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

• In the AutoPlay dialog box that appears, click Import pictures and videos using Windows.

• To change the settings that are used when importing pictures and videos, click
      Import settings in the Import Pictures and Videos dialog box.

• Change one or more settings in the Import Settings dialog box, and then click
      OK.

• Click OK to restart Import Pictures and Videos. Type a tag in the
      Tag these pictures (optional) box, and then click Import to import your pictures and videos using the new settings.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 will not import pictures/videos from my Galaxy Note 4 (says nothing there to import)

Hi Rudi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does the issue persist only while importing pictures to the system on your phone?
    • Are you trying to import pictures to File Explorer or Photos app?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Missing Windows Update.

3. Corrupt driver.

I suggest you to refer the steps in the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos#troubleshooting

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Zeeke999 Win User

tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

Importing pictures and videos Windows 10

• The format that is the most problem described previously is .mov from files imported from an IPhone 6.
    • Will not play properly using movies & TV app or windows media player.
    • The .mts files from my camera seem to do ok. The .avi files from my go pro when using movies and TV will play but no video only sound. The .avi files play properly when using windows media player.
    • Screen shot below simply shows the .mov files and .jpg files get imported to the same folder. With windows 7 the windows import gave the ability to specify a specific target folder for photos and a separate folder for videos. Is there a setting I can change
      to direct videos to import to a different location than the photos?

I had downloaded a different media player recommended by MS (forgot the name) but the results were the same. I uninstalled it.

Why would MS not keep the feature to correctly rotate photos? In fact the currently import has less features than previous version. Why?

With windows 7 import. I could easily set the default folders for my videos and photos. Then it was an easy two step process: connect the device when prompted add the tag hit enter and everything else was put where I directed and the photos were automatically
    fixed.

Now I have to check all files, import to a different machine and manually transfer files to the new (main) computer.

Again I'm either doing something wrong or the part of windows is terrible!!

Thanks for responding!

The problem

Zeeke999, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

1. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10 - Similar Threads - tagging imported pictures

2. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  3. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  4. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 import picture's and videos not detecting correct android pictures!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 import picture's and videos not detecting correct android pictures!!: Hello, when I use windows 10 explorer's import pictures and videos on my galaxy s8, the import wizard shows up but they all have the wrong photo which is different from whats showing within android. For some reason, the import pictures and video wizard doesn't detect more...
  6. Windows 10 import picture's and videos not detecting correct android pictures!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 import picture's and videos not detecting correct android pictures!!: Hello, when I use windows 10 explorer's import pictures and videos on my galaxy s8, the import wizard shows up but they all have the wrong photo which is different from whats showing within android. For some reason, the import pictures and video wizard doesn't detect more...
  7. tagging pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tagging pictures: So i have just spent two hrs trying to complete 1 simple task on my windows 10 microsoft surface. I am accessing all my photos and videos via my seagate external harddrive. I open a video folder by date. I right click on a video and access "details" then "properties" I type...
  8. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  9. Tagged pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tagged pictures: How do I change the name on a tagged picture or move to correct tagged name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagged-pictures/056ba80b-36a0-416d-a3c6-7cfbe844d75a"
  10. Change settings for importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Change settings for importing pictures and videos: When I connect an iPhone to my Win10 PC it's importing my photos to a location where I don't want them to go. How do I change this setting? It's frustratingly non-intuitive, and even the official Microsoft How-To page doesn't explain it in an understandable way. Help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import pictures and videos autoplay tag photos from a scanner window 10