Windows 10: Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10

Discus and support Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I read the guides of how to tag multiple photos with file explorer Details Pane ->Show more details etc. However, i don't have that option when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xinnammon, May 11, 2021.

1. Xinnammon Win User

Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10

Hi,I read the guides of how to tag multiple photos with file explorer Details Pane ->Show more details etc. However, i don't have that option when multiple items are selected on Windows 10. Can someone advise, please? Thanks! :1 item selectedMultiple items selected

:)

Xinnammon, May 11, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10 [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, May 11, 2021
  3. apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 11, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tagging multiple photos

2. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer: I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags...
  5. How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?

How to search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer?: How do I search tags with multiple criteria using AND in File Explorer? For example, I want to find files that have been tagged with both "mom" AND "dad". Currently, I can find files using OR, but it doesn't work for AND....
  6. Tagging multiple people in photos in Windows 10

Tagging multiple people in photos in Windows 10: I have a lot of people tagged in the Photos app in Windows 10. However, there are some pictures of groups where it has only tagged some out of a group of three or four. I can't see a way to manually add a person tag in this case or indeed if I have an untagged photo I can't...
  7. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  8. Tagging photos in windows 10

Tagging photos in windows 10: Hi I used the photo app in windows 10 to tag people in my pictures. It worked great except, it doesn't tag every pictures. Since it doesn't, I wanted to tag some manually. I found that I can tag manually by going into pictures files. So I did that, EXCEPT the tags don't...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Explorer, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at...
  10. Windows 10 Photo Tagging

Windows 10 Photo Tagging: I just got the update to windows 10 Photos the other day which had the new feature of using facial recognition to be able to easily type a friends name in and it will display all pictures in the gallery that they are in. So I went through the short easy setup and hit the...