Windows 10: Tagging people in photos

Discus and support Tagging people in photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GrahamBrownett, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Tagging people in photos

I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos.

I have linked the folders but cannot work out how to get it to show the rest of the people so I can start tagging, any advice would be gratefully received

:)

GrahamBrownett, Nov 12, 2018

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 12, 2018
  3. tag people in photos app

There is no direct way to do it in Photos, but you could open the photo in its original location on the hard disk, right click, choose Properties > Details tab then add tags there.

What you see face tagging Photos is auto generated. You should submit suggestions to make it possible to so manually. Press Windows key + F to open the Feedback app.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Tagging people in photos

Tagging People in Windows 10 Photos app

Is it possible to tag people in photos using Microsoft Photos on Windows 10 platform? (I know you can tag generic info to the photo, but can you tag specific people?)

AND, if not, is there an app that will do this?

I loved the old MS Photo Gallery and am sad that Photos does not appear to work the same way.

MarieEchols, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Tagging people in photos

1. Tagging people in photos - Similar Threads - Tagging photos

2. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  3. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  4. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  6. Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?

Why is there no option to sort photos in OneDrive by facial tags?: In Google photos, I tagged everyone's faces so if I need to find photos of a particular person, i just need to type their name and all their photos show up. In OneDrive, I need to scroll, and scroll to sift through all my photos to find someone or something. This goes for the...
  7. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  8. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  9. Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.: Hi I have a problem I need to tag all photos in a video in Photo old version. But somehow I can't mark everything in the video bar at once. I hope you can help me....
  10. Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.

Hello I have a problem with Photos old version. I can't tag everything at once.: Hi I have a problem I need to tag all photos in a video in Photo old version. But somehow I can't mark everything in the video bar at once. I hope you can help me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software for tagging people in photos

2. tagging people in photos