Windows 10: Tagging photos

Discus and support Tagging photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, May 4, 2021.

1. Tagging photos

Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the file properties field metadata. looked at windows live gallery, but it looks as though it groups the photos into its own folders and cant tell if it will do what I want.....any thoughts please, I have 1000s of photos to sort and tag with names. thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, May 4, 2021

2. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 5, 2021
  3. Print or find all photo tags used in Windows 10

Hi,

Adding tags on your photos will help you easily find the photos you're looking for. If you would like to find the the list of photo tags you used, you may perform these steps:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • View your folder in Details view to see tags.
    • Click Tags to sort by any of the tags.

Do let us know if have further queries.

Rachelle Gra, May 5, 2021
  4. Tagging photos

Tagging people in photos

This is all well and good and that does work, but once you go through the suggested photos and name them there are some that are miss recognized. So I deleted the tag but it does not add the face back to any list to rename it.

How does any new photo being added, scanned and give me the ability to tag it? I don't find any option to have the photo program rescan.

Need some help.

Thanks,

Pat

Patrick Kelly_az, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Tagging photos

1. Tagging photos - Similar Threads - Tagging photos

2. Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging multiple photos in File Explorer not possible Windows 10: Hi,I read the guides of how to tag multiple photos with file explorer Details Pane ->Show more details etc. However, i don't have that option when multiple items are selected on Windows 10. Can someone advise, please? Thanks! :1 item selectedMultiple items selected...
  3. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  4. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Photos App unable to tag photos from camera: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...
  5. Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags: Can you advise if there is a way for the People page to display people that are in less than 3 photos? Currently I will only see a person if they are tagged in at least 3 photos....
  6. Manually add people tags in photos

Manually add people tags in photos: I'm using the photos app to organise my large collection of photos. It has done a great job of automatically tagging people, and also my cat. Hoping to find a way of manually adding tags to my photos, actually mainly of the cat. Photos has only found something like 38...
  7. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  8. How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?

How does one manually tag individual faces in a group photo in Live Photos?: Prior versions of Windows Live Photos had a toolbar on top. [ATTACH] The current version has no such option that would allow for manually entering multiple different tags on a single photo in the Edit or any other section. Has this feature been removed? Or, if not, how...
  9. How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a...: How do you add the TAGS in Windows 10 ‘Photos’ on a Window’s 10 laptop with a ‘Microphone’ MIC with Windows 10 ‘Photos’ app- to use the ‘MIC’ to add TAGS to the Microsoft ‘Photo’? For years, Apple, Google, Facebook and others allow you to add searchable TAGS to photo's...
  10. Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application

Tagging individual photos with Windows 10 Photos application: Is there a way to add people tags to individual photos using the Windows 10 Photos application? I am familiar with the AI tagging feature which identifies unique faces throughout the entire photo collection and then allows you to name those faces. However, the AI tagging...