Windows 10: tagging pictures

Discus and support tagging pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i have just spent two hrs trying to complete 1 simple task on my windows 10 microsoft surface. I am accessing all my photos and videos via my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JadaTjoelker, Mar 22, 2020.

1. tagging pictures

So i have just spent two hrs trying to complete 1 simple task on my windows 10 microsoft surface. I am accessing all my photos and videos via my seagate external harddrive.

I open a video folder by date. I right click on a video and access "details" then "properties" I type my childs name, ex: Tiffany. a cute little box appears next to tiffany's name i check the box and click ok. "apply" is greyed out so i cannot click "apply" and then "ok" just "ok".

I close video folder . Go back into video folder , go to upper right hand box that says "search" i input tiffanys name. Nothing. So i cannot figure out how to tag my children and then search them. Help would be so greatly appreciated.

:)

JadaTjoelker, Mar 22, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

tagging pictures [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Mar 22, 2020
  3. arjfca Win User
    Looking for Picture viewer with tags and comments

Hello

I'm looking for a picture viewer where I could
    - set tags and and write comments.
    - view pictures by selecting tags,

Comments not written on the picture

Any suggestion

Martin

arjfca, Mar 22, 2020
  4. tagging pictures

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

tagging pictures

1. tagging pictures - Similar Threads - tagging pictures

2. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  3. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add tags to pictures: I want to add tags to my pictures in file explorer to separate them in groups. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-tags-to-pictures/72fcb997-7d92-40c4-b7f5-ef656bf23b1d
  4. How to add tags to pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Modified Date / Tags to Pictures

Modified Date / Tags to Pictures: Is there any way I can tag pictures/files in file explorer without changing the "modified date"?Thanks in advance : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modified-date-tags-to-pictures/b067aad9-2eef-4484-bd52-2c0b040122fc
  6. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  7. I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES: I WANT TO PRINT JUST THE LIST OF TAGS ON MY PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURE . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-the-list-of-tags-in-pictures-but/64b7ebf0-d00b-4a08-8be6-a9a4348262dd
  8. Where can I find pictures which I tag as favorite?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where can I find pictures which I tag as favorite?: I think this could be really helpful for me in finding some pictures that I need, but the problem is that I have no clue where those pictures appear, I've googled it and couldn't find any helpful information so I'm asking here, thanks in advance. submitted by /u/Reuv123l...
  9. How to add tag into a picture by command line?

How to add tag into a picture by command line?: Hi all, I am using Windows 10 and need to add tags for multiple pictures. It's too slow to add it one by one, is there a script way like command line to do it in batch? Regards, Ming...
  10. weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues

weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues: Hi all, I have a weird issue with tagging .wdp and/or .jpg files. The moment I tag a picture, save it, and try to open it I get the following error: %filename and path% : "Can't read file header! Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found!". The weirdest...