Windows 10: Tags "autofill" not listing tags

Discus and support Tags "autofill" not listing tags in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ABB125, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ABB125 Win User

Tags "autofill" not listing tags

Good evening,

Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags I'd used before would appear, and I could click on the ones I wanted to apply. Now, the only tags which appear in the list are ones which, following investigation, appear to be permanently embedded into some pdf files I have; none of the tags I want to be listed appear.

Initially this dropdown box never appeared in the first place, but I found a solution to that on here.

If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd be very grateful for assistance. I can supply more details if you wish.

Many thanks.

:)

ABB125, Oct 18, 2020
  2. morrohval Win User

How to remove bad (misspelled) TAG from Suggested list.

I have been adding TAGS to images to make them easier to sort. In my haste I spelled a name wrong. Now when I view the DETAILS view pane and then I click into the TAGS bar, and start entering a name, I get a pop-out list of all TAG suggestions starting
    with that letter that narrows down as I add more of the word. But as more and more people get added to the (good) TAG list, the misspelled one is taking up space. Where can I go in Win10 (updates up to Nov 2019) to see and remove unwanted TAGS so they are
    not "suggestions" and removed from the list? It seems reasonable that it would let me even DELETE the entire list and the list would rebuild with tags used in a folder so only a "live" list (yes, maybe even a misspelled one that still needs corrected) would
    soon repopulate.

IE: I added "Mark" and I added "John", then I was typing and realized that if I right-arrow over the semicolon I could add TAGS for John and Mark to a group of selected pictures, cutting out discrete clicks. In my haste I didn't hit the right-space between
    the names and then hit ENTER to tag the selected pictures. All TAGged as "John Mark"; I realized my mistake, deleted the tag and re-entered them as discrete tags. So, now, when I go to add a tag, and type in "m" there is a suggestion for all my tags that
    start with m, and "John Mark" is in the list. I want to remove "John Mark" as a suggested tag.

SO: How do I edit to remove bad TAG suggestions in Win10?

morrohval, Oct 18, 2020
  3. drummer19 Win User
    master tag list

I am hoping to see a master tag list that is sortable, searchable and editable return to Windows at some point. I came here looking for some threads on the topic of tags and how to search and sort through them across windows and found some answers. One thread
    suggested someone post their topic of concern in the feedback hub so that it could gain some interest in the community. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the feedback hub so I'll make a post and perhaps it can get moved to there?

I'm starting to add tags to photos, videos and music files, and eventually plan for documents and such. When adding some tags there are a handful of pre-populated "suggestions" that come up but not nearly all the tags I've entered come up as suggestions.
    Not sure why. But it would be nice to be able to tag your files and have a good way to search across your system for any and all files that are tagged "clouds," or whatever, for example.

Oh and I saw some people post about third party apps or software that will do this, but I didn't see any specific apps or programs mentioned. Any suggestions welcomed!

Thanks for taking the time out to read my post and again, if I need to post it somewhere else, please let me know where and I'll make sure it gets there as this topic is important to me.

drummer19, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Tags "autofill" not listing tags

1. Tags "autofill" not listing tags - Similar Threads - Tags autofill listing

2. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  3. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  4. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. green tags and other tagging on my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    green tags and other tagging on my photos: I know i had turned off whatever feature it is that puts green checkmarks on my photos and saves everything i click on to my photos. I have NOT asked for these to be saved. Now i see it is putting description tags on my photos which i find disgusting and intrusive.What...
  6. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  7. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  8. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  9. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  10. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...