Windows 10: Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

Discus and support Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HT-02, Mar 19, 2023.

1. HT-02 Win User

Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags in such scenarios?

:)

HT-02, Mar 19, 2023

2. apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

File tags

I using win 10 build 17763. When adding tags in file explorer to a photo, if you have details view enabled, file explorer will show metadata on far right of screen. if you click on Tags: you can enter a tag. While typing, there is an auto-fill list that
    comes up you can use. I have added names and places to this list, but only one or two show up when I try to use them on the next photo. I'm hoping there is a Master List somewhere that I can edit. I don't know if it has a max size, and that is why my new tags
    are not being shown. Plus there is a lot of them that I don't use.

Thanks- Larry

Larry Perron, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

1. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer - Similar Threads - Tags unavailable various

2. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo tags not saving in OneDrive folder in File Explorer.: When I go to add tags to photos via Properties in File Explorer, it shows the tags correctly initially, however after OneDrive syncs the file, the tags revert back to what they were prior to the change. This happens on machines running Windows 11 and Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer: I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags...
  5. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer: I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags...
  6. File Explorer Tags column

File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  7. File Explorer Tagging Editing

File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  8. Tagging PDF files in File Explorer

Tagging PDF files in File Explorer: I have created a feedback suggestion in the Feedback Hub asking for this feature. If you would like this feature, please up-vote my suggestion and give extra background from your perspective. https://aka.ms/AAbxh2u...
  9. Tags in File Explorer

Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  10. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...