Windows 10: Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

Discus and support Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Take a look at this picture from CrystalDiskInfo - [img] Note that I circled TRIM. How does an HDD have TRIM listed as a feature? There's more to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Compumind, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

Take a look at this picture from CrystalDiskInfo -

Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD... [​IMG]

Note that I circled TRIM.
    How does an HDD have TRIM listed as a feature?

There's more to it but later...

Thanks. *Zip

:)

Compumind, Sep 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Hi Carolyn,

A few reasons why your computer doesn't recognize your WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive may include the following:

• Your PC can't provide the hard drive's power requirement
    • The capacity of the hard drive may require a separate power source

To isolate this further, we suggest that you try connecting it to a different USB port on your computer. Check also the specification of your hard drive and see if it requires a separate power source. You may also try connecting it to a different computer
    and see if you encounter the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Passport Ultra not recognized by Windows 10

My wife's WD Passport Ultra is not recognized by Windows 10 on her Surface Pro 3 (had been working properly for several months). The device has also stopped "appearing" on my Asus Zenbook UX305. It's not a USB cord issue as the Passport power light comes
    on, the disk can be heard spinning. The device does not appear in the Device Manager. Has this issue been solved yet???

Steve

StevenAasen, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

Windows 10 and WD Passport Ultra

Windows 10 doesn't seem to want to recognize my WD My Passport Ultra. The USB connection is fine but when I try to select a backup or any other function, I get nowhere (nothing happens). Is there a fix for this?

CarolynHWV, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD...

1. Take a look at my WDC MY Passport Ultra USB 3.0 HDD... - Similar Threads - WDC Passport Ultra

2. My Passport external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Passport external HDD.: Good morning all Iuse the above to store all my photos. Occasionally when I plug it in so I can perhaps post a photo to Facebook for example it shows up as if I,d clicked on the drive to use it when I hadn,t .Then sometimes it will not show in file explore and then I...
  3. "Write protected" on 1TB My Passport Ultra

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Write protected" on 1TB My Passport Ultra: Frustrating to lose ability to add to, delete from folders on external drive. How do you change ability to use this drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected-on-1tb-my-passport-ultra/d4aae31b-09fe-4488-8aa1-b017c91de5e2
  4. WD my passport ultra drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD my passport ultra drive: How do I go about reallocating space on my WD passport ultra drive? I have deleted a bunch of backups that I don't need any longer but it seems that the space on the drive is still allocating space to the deleted backups. I have a couple of backups that I don't want to...
  5. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  6. Why Does a USB WD My Passport Ultra Show Up As Bluetooth Device?

Why Does a USB WD My Passport Ultra Show Up As Bluetooth Device?: I was looking through the Windows 10 Bluetooth devices and noticed that my external WD hard drive shows up in the list. It's connected to my Dell machine via USB 3.0 port. If I eject it, the Bluetooth list displays Driver Error. 1. Why does a USB hard drive even show up as...
  7. My Passport Ultra 1TB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Passport Ultra 1TB: I downloaded everything onto this external hard drive but cannot seem to open it again. I must be doing something wrong. I can see the external drive in my drives box but it will not open....
  8. WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10

WD My Passport Ultra Inaccessible on Windows 10: I just got a brand new Lenovo Flex 14 Laptop with Windows 10 and am unable to use/access the content on the WD My Passport Ultra external drive that I have all my stuff from my old Macbook backed up on. When I first plugged the drive into the Lenovo, it was instantly...
  9. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...
  10. Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's

Brilliant - USB 3 self powered 4TB passport HDD's: Hi there Really recommend these WD 4TB self powered USB 3 drives Fast, small, very portable and so far seem very reliable - have tested 2 of them running for around 2 months 24/7 -- no issues whatsoever so I'm satisfied that the reliability is fine. Tested running 2...