Windows 10: "Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0

Discus and support "Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a new desktop computer (Windows 10.0.18363) - replaced a Windows 7 machine just before Microsoft ceased support - that I just configured a few... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by asus2016, Jan 6, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

"Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0

I have a new desktop computer (Windows 10.0.18363) - replaced a Windows 7 machine just before Microsoft ceased support - that I just configured a few days ago.

As I've been doing for 15 years, I was easily able to port my Firefox profile and settings from the old computer to the new, so my browsing experience - cookies, passwords, history - works exactly the same as before.

But for some reason, the "take a screenshot" context menu item is missing now. This is NOT the same as the "page action" (three dots) > "take a screenshot" in the address bar. This is a better tool that allows one to adjust the area being screenshotted, and capture just that, and it's accessed from the context menu in Firefox in other Win10 computers I use.

This has nothing to do with the extensions.screenshots.disabled and extensions.screenshots.upload-disabled settings from about:config. Both of these are set to false for me.

I am sure this is related not to FF 71 (all my computers update to the latest FF when it's released), but to my doing something wrong in configuring my new computer.

Anyway - how do I add the "take a screenshot" capability to my FF 71 context menu, as it is in other Win10 installations I have?

:)

asus2016, Jan 6, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown "Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jan 6, 2020
  4. "Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0

command prompt(admin) and comman prompt,and control panel are missing in the context menu

in the context menu when right clicking start comman prompt and command prompt (admin) and control panel are missing in the list how to get it back?

HectorEdenburg, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

"Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0

1. "Take a screenshot" missing from context menu in Firefox 71.0 - Similar Threads - screenshot missing context

2. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  3. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  4. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  5. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  7. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  8. Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.: I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro and joined my Homegroup. When I right click a folder and choose Share With from the context menu the only option is Advanced Sharing. What must I do to be able to share a folder with the Homegroup? Thanks. 21634
  9. "Merge" missing from .reg context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Merge" missing from .reg context menu: "Merge" is missing on my ,reg context menu. The only supposed solution I could find here was for Win 7, but it didnt work. 61626
  10. "Extract All" missing from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Extract All" missing from context menu: I understand that Windows 10 has a default zip file zip/unzip feature but the "Extract All" option is not on my rt. click file context menu. Is there a setting I need to find or is there a problem? 72979