Windows 10: Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

Discus and support Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a brand new PC with a brand new clean install of Windows 10 with most current build. Despite this, I am continually seeing a Warning Event ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Greg Maxey, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

I have a brand new PC with a brand new clean install of Windows 10 with most current build.

Despite this, I am continually seeing a Warning Event ID 1534:

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

If the Events Viewer. Perhaps this is an inconsequential Warning and can be ignored, but the supposed process for resolving it has triggered the fundamental question. How to take ownership of a registry key?

If found on line with several people confirming the fix that the process is (or should be) simple:

Open the registry, navigate to, export, delete the following two keys then reboot:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification\TDL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification\TDL

Unfortunately there is a caveat: "You'll need to take ownership of the TDL key to be able to delete it."

Well despite following to the letter no less than 3 articles for "Taking ownership of a registry" key, after following those steps and clicking "Apply" I keep getting a Windows Security popup:

Unable to save permission changes on TDL. Access is denied.

It is almost infuriating. I'm, I can take a sledge hammer to this PC and smash it to pieces, but Windows wants to tell me that as both the owner and administrator, that I can't have access to and delete a file.

It must be possible, as several people have apparently done it and resolved this warning.

Appreciate any guidance a more experienced person may provide.

:)

Greg Maxey, Feb 24, 2019
  2. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key 2ebv0d2_th.gif

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Feb 24, 2019
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

Forcing Ownership of Multiple Registry Keys

Is there a way to force ownership of more than one registry key at once? I have attempted to have subkeys and folders inherit from parent, and each time I am denied because I do not own the subkeys.

I am having to manually go through hundreds of keys and change ownership to myself so that I can install the program.

Airforce32123, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

1. Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key - Similar Threads - Ownership Delete Registry

2. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: This is not working:Function Enable-Privilege { param [string[]]$Privileges try { $typeExists = [AppDomain]::CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies ForEach-Object {$_.GetExportedTypes Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "AdjPriv" }}; if $typeExists -eq $null { $Definition = @" using System;...
  3. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: This is not working:Function Enable-Privilege { param [string[]]$Privileges try { $typeExists = [AppDomain]::CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies ForEach-Object {$_.GetExportedTypes Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "AdjPriv" }}; if $typeExists -eq $null { $Definition = @" using System;...
  4. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Perflib?Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much....
  5. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Perflib?Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much....
  6. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  7. unable to take ownership of registry keys in Current_User - Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to take ownership of registry keys in Current_User - Win 10: Got a fun little problem that I can't wrap my head around... Using Regedit to expand the allowed size of outlook .ost folders, but ended up having to create some sub keys because they did not exist yet to put the D_word entries in However, when I try to create new keys...
  8. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  10. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell: Hi ! I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I googled for solving the problem, and i get answer that i must change registry key names...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regini delete hklm

2. registry tdl delete