Windows 10: Take ownership problem

Discus and support Take ownership problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Support Why after reinstall Windows files & folder need provide administration permission to access. Furthermore, after take ownership, files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yong YH, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Yong YH Win User

Take ownership problem

Dear Support

Why after reinstall Windows files & folder need provide administration permission to access. Furthermore, after take ownership, files still can not open? There are ton of files like this nearly impossible manually to do even if i can take ownership one by one. Would be grateful if can resolve this issue

:)

Yong YH, Apr 9, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Take ownership problem

Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Take ownership problem

1. Take ownership problem - Similar Threads - ownership problem

2. ownership problems... kinda

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ownership problems... kinda: I was messing with ownership settings I only have one account on my pc so idk what I was doing and it was kinda dum but the problem I have is not really a big one it is just an annoyance anything I downloaded since then now has a lock symbol on the top right of the folder . I...
  3. ownership problems... kinda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ownership problems... kinda: I was messing with ownership settings I only have one account on my pc so idk what I was doing and it was kinda dum but the problem I have is not really a big one it is just an annoyance anything I downloaded since then now has a lock symbol on the top right of the folder . I...
  4. ownership problems... kinda

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Ownership Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Ownership Problem: I wanted to rename my login name and username when I changed my computer from work to personal use but perhaps the guide I followed was not the best!Login with the new username and access to my files is ok, but...The old user folder still exists, its only contents are AppData...
  6. File Ownership Problem

File Ownership Problem: I wanted to rename my login name and username when I changed my computer from work to personal use but perhaps the guide I followed was not the best!Login with the new username and access to my files is ok, but...The old user folder still exists, its only contents are AppData...
  7. File Ownership Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Ownership problems in Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership problems in Minecraft Windows 10: As I have Minecraft Java Edition, I have recently gained ownership and installed Minecraft Bedrock Edition. I then launched the game and when I go to sign in, it says I do not own the game and tells me to buy the game.I also had the same issue a while back when Minecraft...
  9. Ownership problems in Minecraft Windows 10

Ownership problems in Minecraft Windows 10: As I have Minecraft Java Edition, I have recently gained ownership and installed Minecraft Bedrock Edition. I then launched the game and when I go to sign in, it says I do not own the game and tells me to buy the game.I also had the same issue a while back when Minecraft...
  10. Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot copy big portions of certain pix folders - ownership problem??: Hello, Not sure if my issue is related to the same W10 update on 28.08.20 mentioned in my post about SyncBack, but although it seems the issue is totally different from the one below, the start is around the same date/occasion: It seems an unknown number of my folders has...