Windows 10: take ownership works "sort of"

Discus and support take ownership works "sort of" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 my PC developed administration issues. I ran the takeownership reg file on a few of my folders and it seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Big Dawg, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Big Dawg Win User

take ownership works "sort of"

When I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 my PC developed administration issues. I ran the takeownership reg file on a few of my folders and it seemed to help.
    However, there is one program that backs up the registry each day and creates an exe file that can be run if you need to restore that days registry backup.
    When I click on one of the backups, the restore fails unless I first click Run as Adminstrator. If I right click on TakeOwnership for the entire contents of the backup folder that contains all the registry backups, then they all will run with no issues. However, the next day when a new exe file is created for that days regisrty backup, it will fail the restore process unless I run the TakeOwnership on that new file.
    This was never an issue before this upgrade.
    How can I make all future backups automatically set to TakeOwnership so that I do not have to run it each time a new registry backup is saved?

:)

Big Dawg, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Fabler2 Win User

In the compatibility tab can you tick the box for 'Run this program as administrator'?

take ownership works "sort of" [​IMG]

Fabler2, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 27, 2020
  4. take ownership works "sort of"

Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. take ownership works "sort of" - Similar Threads - ownership works sort

2. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  3. Taking over the ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking over the ownership: Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this...
  4. Taking over the ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. No option to take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  6. No option to take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to take ownership: Hi, Win10 Ver 1909 Build 18363.1198 I have folder icons that look like this: [img] All folders with the arrow, return '... Application Data is not accessible . Access Denied" when accessed. I don't have context menu that offers take owner ship. I've run...
  7. take ownership works "sort of"

in Windows 10 Support
    take ownership works "sort of": When I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 my PC developed administration issues. I ran the takeownership reg file on a few of my folders and it seemed to help. However, there is one program that backs up the registry each day and creates an exe file that can be run if you...
  8. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  10. Cant take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...