Windows 10: Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

Discus and support Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi ! I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Istee85, May 16, 2019.

1. Istee85 Win User

Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

Hi !

I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I googled for solving the problem, and i get answer that i must change registry key names ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal) to disable the function fully. Manually i can make the rename process with the method of taking the ownership and inherit all the permission for all the objects, but i must make this scripted with regini or cmd, or powershell. My problem is the ownership taking. How can i make? If anybody can help solve my problem, please write me a little noob's guide. I'm not an expert of coding.. Thank you !

:)

Istee85, May 16, 2019

2. Does regini command accept space in key name?

I'm trying to use regini to update registry permission.

Is there way to update permission of key name with a space?

Registry key path is following.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alpha Industries inc.

The name of key is not the actual registry key name but format is the same.

Yes, there are 2 spaces and a dot(.) in the name.

I tried following context in the text file called 1.TXT and ran REGINI 1.TXT but no success. It doesn't update permission.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\alpha industries inc. [1 5 7 17]

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\alpha industries inc." [1 5 7 17]

Is there any other command line tool to accomplish this?

Space in the registry key name is not unusual. You will see many registry key with space and also with special characters so please don't recommend me to remove spaces and dot from the name.

Thank you

Byungkook_Emeres, May 16, 2019
  3. Does regini command accept space in key name?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Your question related to Regini utility command is more appropriate to be posted in

IT Pro TechNet forum
    . They are better equipped to handle these questions. Please post your question in the TechNet forum.

Article for Reference.

Windows Commands Regini

How to change registry values or permissions from a command
    line or a script

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user
    accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry. Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause
    Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732157.aspx

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 16, 2019
  4. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

Sarah,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for suggestions. However, you haven't answered the question asked :-(. The issue that I am having with my computer is "Ownership." I am the administrator and supposedly the owner but Windows thinks that it is :-(.

It has taken days to set up the PC like I want it to look and feel. I certainly don't want to create another local administrator account and go through that ringer again.

At this point, the Warning and Event ID 1534 is a point of principle. I don't want to ignore it. I want to fix it. According to information posted and confirmed by several others, the way to do this is to take ownership and delete two registry keys.
    If the whole computer blows up as a result that is fine.

How do I "Take ownership" of this TLD key and delete it?

Greg Maxey, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

1. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell - Similar Threads - registry key ownership

2. VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VBoxManage: Control VirtualBox via CMD or PowerShell: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sn0oz3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12znloy/vboxmanage_control_virtualbox_via_cmd_or/
  3. unable to take ownership of registry keys in Current_User - Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to take ownership of registry keys in Current_User - Win 10: Got a fun little problem that I can't wrap my head around... Using Regedit to expand the allowed size of outlook .ost folders, but ended up having to create some sub keys because they did not exist yet to put the D_word entries in However, when I try to create new keys...
  4. Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Cmd via PowerShell, command?: Please i need to open cmd win + r and so i know i need to know how to open it via powershell pls (.bat and so i know it needs to be opened via powershell. Pls PowerShell command to open cmd? Cmd über PowerShell öffnen, Befehl?
  5. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760
  6. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  7. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  8. Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Take Ownership and Delete Registry Key: I have a brand new PC with a brand new clean install of Windows 10 with most current build. Despite this, I am continually seeing a Warning Event ID 1534: Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See...
  9. Enable Hey Cortana via registry, powershell or cmd? Windows 10 v1703

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana via registry, powershell or cmd? Windows 10 v1703: Is there a way to enable the "Hey Cortana" always listening voice activation option through a powershell command or registry command or even just on the command line? Trying to automate restoring Cortana through GPO after it had been disabled by GPO (corporate decisions). I...
  10. How to take ownership of system files via CMD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to take ownership of system files via CMD?: Google failed me this, people mentioned using setacl/subinacl, but no idea, how to use it. Running typical commands as admin does not work for system folders/files. Like those: takeown /f "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /a /r /d y icacls "C:\Program Files\Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regini ownership

2. regini set ownership

3. regini windows 10

4. does regini work in windows 10