Windows 10: Takeown command not working

Discus and support Takeown command not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My account is an admin on my system, and I would like to remove a *certain* intrusive file from my computer, however windows has other ideas and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StillHerePOX, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Takeown command not working

My account is an admin on my system, and I would like to remove a *certain* intrusive file from my computer, however windows has other ideas and continually blocks me from touching the file.

After trying for about half an hour to remove this file through the usual ways Change ownership was blocked I went to command prompt to use the takeown command, set it up and tried to submit it, only to be told that I didn't have administrative privileges, I went and checked, and, I do, obviously, but apparently windows thinks otherwise.

Takeown command not working 5bc8a610-3c22-4c97-b5b3-2c1ef76d543d?upload=true.png

I really hope this is a virus and not a restriction put in place to *protect* us from ourselves.

:)

StillHerePOX, Feb 1, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Takeown command not working :)

Naki, Feb 1, 2020
  4. ryanly Win User

Takeown command not working

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Takeown command not working

1. Takeown command not working - Similar Threads - Takeown command working

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. Takeown failing to own folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Takeown failing to own folder.: So I have this old account that I don't use on my local drive C: and want to delete it.But I can't because I don't have permission. I used the takeown command with cmd.Cmd running as Administrator and using the command: takeown /f <folder> /r /d yThe error I get is "INFO:...
  5. Takeown failing to own folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Takeown failing to own folder.: So I have this old account that I don't use on my local drive C: and want to delete it.But I can't because I don't have permission. I used the takeown command with cmd.Cmd running as Administrator and using the command: takeown /f <folder> /r /d yThe error I get is "INFO:...
  6. Undo Takeown command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo Takeown command: Using command line, with Takeown, I changed ownership of all Local files to administrator and now some apps stopped working. Is there a way to undo that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-takeown-command/a00e0da6-442d-460f-b670-7c5eb364b8dd
  7. Takeown, icacls doesn't work!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Takeown, icacls doesn't work!: I own folder and i have full control. Yet i can't move it. It is folder in ProgramData of a program, which is taking a lot of space. It says i need administrator permissions, while i am on full admin account! It says exactly: "you need permission to perform this action, you...
  8. Takeown, icacls doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Support
    Takeown, icacls doesn't work!: I own folder and i have full control. Yet i can't move it. It is folder in ProgramData of a program, which is taking a lot of space. It says i need administrator permissions, while i am on full admin account! It says exactly: "you need permission to perform this action, you...
  9. takeown problem

takeown problem: Hi I have Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit with two Microsoft account. From the Command Prompt (run as administrator), I tried to write Code: takeown /S localhost /U "<Microsoft_account_(E-Mail_Address)>" /P <User_password>" /F "<Directory_path>" /R /A /D...
  10. Is TAKEOWN of a whole User tree dangerous?

Is TAKEOWN of a whole User tree dangerous?: I'm waiting for delivery of physical parts to repair laptop A The user urgently needs her data on laptop B until A is fixed (or thrown away & replaced) What I did I attached via USB the System disk from A to temporary system B, where it was F: drive Then to enable...