Windows 10: Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

Discus and support Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I run Windows10 Pro version 1909 x64 on my PC and installed the cumulative updates yesterday. Now it takes alteast 10 minutes for Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by The Explorer Guy, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

Hi,

I run Windows10 Pro version 1909 x64 on my PC and installed the cumulative updates yesterday.

Now it takes alteast 10 minutes for Windows to load the Desktop after a start/re-start.

It takes forever with the coloured "Please wait" screen about 8 minutes to load the User list & sign-in screen.

Then it takes another 2 minutes to load all the icons & taskbar pinned items on the Desktop screen After sign-in to the Administrator User-id.

The loading slowed a bit after updating to KB 4532693 about 3 minutes and got worse 10 minutes after updating to KB 4535996.

The UEFI BIOS handover time is listed as just 3.1 seconds in Task Manager under Startup, so this is not a BIOS boot time problem.

Should I look for some specific underlying cause or uninstall the Cumulative updates ?

Other updates that got installed along with the Cumulative updates, were KB 4537759 / KB4537572

My PC Specs are listed below:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

System Type x64-based PC
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4.6.5, 10-Aug-18

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer INTEL Corporation

BaseBoard Product H61

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"

Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB
    Available Physical Memory 3.06 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.14 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.85 GB
    Page File Space 1.25 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

============================================================

Can someone help as this is very frustrating to wait for 10 minutes or more to load the Desktop and commence working.

:)

The Explorer Guy, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 29, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

1. Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop - Similar Threads - Takes minutes Load

2. My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.: My pc now takes up to 45 minutes to boot after I tried to login my outlook account. I don’t know what is wrong or why it’s happening. I had to format it for it to begin to load fast. After which I tried to login again, it went back to taking so much time to load. I don’t know...
  3. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  4. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  5. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load: Hello everyone, Sometime last year (I think after a Windows 10 update), my boot time for my PC became very slow. My OS is running on a SSD and in the past only took about 15-20 seconds to start up but now it takes forever. When I get to the black windows screen the spinning...
  7. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  8. Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load: The "Just a moment" screen loads for a long time about 10 minutes after the sign-in page on startup. This screen comes about 5-10 seconds after I enter the PIN/Password. Sometimes, the desktop appears immediately after sign-in but then disappears and a few moments of...
  9. Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop takes long time to load Windows 10: Hey guys, recently i had a problem with desktop environment in windows 10 it takes long time to load, this happened after resetting my version and install system updates after the new boot. before the problem i was deleting or moving some files to empty space on my hard...
  10. Boot takes many minutes before loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot takes many minutes before loading: HP desktop I just put new hard drive in and installed Windows 10. The Windows 7 hard drive was failing, had no backup or image. Tried to access drive with USB but drive too far gone. Decided to install Windows 10 as an upgrade. After a few minor glitches like no...