Windows 10: Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable

Discus and support Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I switch to a new page--either from the local disk or from the internet--the image appears quickly but then it typically takes 15 seconds before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reb94025, Feb 24, 2021.

1. reb94025 Win User

Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable

When I switch to a new page--either from the local disk or from the internet--the image appears quickly but then it typically takes 15 seconds before the links or scroll bars become active. For example, after the 'Start new thread' appeared, it then took about 15 seconds before it was functional, i.e. before clicking it would do anything.

If this a fairly common problem? What's the usual cause? How do you suggest I try to find the cause?

(Note that since this problem happens regardless of whether the page was retrieved locally or from the internet, I don't believe this is a network problem.)

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

:)

reb94025, Feb 24, 2021

2. TPU review scroll bar

I was wondering if there was any specific reason the buttons to scroll down the list of reviews was stuck in the bottom left-hand corner? Whenever I want to read reviews, I always have to move my cursor and aim it at a small arrow that scrolls the reviews... I'd suggest that instead of making the arrows small and in a corner, it would be better placed to the sides of the review bar.

Something like this (yes, I know it's crappy but it took 5min to make):

Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable tpu.png

anticlutch, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

Hi,

There are several factors why you are experiencing this issue and that's what we are going to find out. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you experiencing this issue on all scroll bars available on your computer?
    • Can you send us a screenshot with what you are experiencing when using the scroll bar?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.

Desiree Yau, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable - Similar Threads - Takes seconds before

2. Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll Bar: I have lost my scroll bar. Tried restart but that didn't help.How do I get back the scroll bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-bar/79826604-0692-46e1-9d6a-7c3cffbaee72
  3. 'Save Image as' takes 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Save Image as' takes 15 seconds: My computer Windows 11 lost Internet, wireless, bluetooth and ethernet today. I got them all back, but now when I right click an Internet image and do 'save as...' it takes 15 seconds before anything happens.This is with both Chrome and Edge.This is mind-numbingly tedious. I...
  4. 'Save Image as' takes 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Save Image as' takes 15 seconds: My computer Windows 11 lost Internet, wireless, bluetooth and ethernet today. I got them all back, but now when I right click an Internet image and do 'save as...' it takes 15 seconds before anything happens.This is with both Chrome and Edge.This is mind-numbingly tedious. I...
  5. Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable.: Takes 15 seconds before scroll bars and links become usable When I switch to a new page--either from the local disk or from the internet--the image appears quickly but then it typically takes 15 seconds before the links or scroll bars become active. For example, after the...
  6. scroll bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    scroll bar: When I look at a folder with a lot of pictures which take up more than one page I cannot get the scroll bar to stay at the bottom of the page more than a few seconds which does not give me enough time to look through very many images before it returns back to the top. I did...
  7. Scroll Bar Not Scrolling

Scroll Bar Not Scrolling: On some websites, the scroll bar just doesn't scroll down. It's not like it's not there, it just doesn't move at all. Trying to drag it or press the buttons at the top or bottom doesn't work either. You can see the issuehere. Are any of you other guys having this problem?...
  8. Scroll bars

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scroll bars: I am having problems with lists that have scroll bars. Best example is the navigation pane of File Explorer. If a vertical scroll bar is present the navigation panel will jitter (flicker)! If I expand file explorer vertically so that the scroll bar disappears the jitter will...
  9. Scroll Bar

Scroll Bar: Every time I go to my photo folder where I have 100's of files and pictures, I scroll down 50-60 rows of pictures and while looking at the pictures, after 20-30 seconds the scroll bars automatically scrolls all the way to the top on its own. (Every Time I scroll down) I...
  10. computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task: Everytime I try to click on anything on the computer - it takes 15-30 seconds and will usually show the circle spinning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-taking-15-30-seconds-to-complete-task/0d7558bb-d145-4250-8f96-05431af325ea