Windows 10: Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet

Discus and support Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my windows 11 computer boots fine and all the drivers are saying they are up to date. However when the computer boots from either full restart or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian Moellers, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet

So my windows 11 computer boots fine and all the drivers are saying they are up to date. However when the computer boots from either full restart or sleep mode, it takes at lest 30 seconds but sometimes over a minute for it to detect that it has access to the internet.My mac for work, my phone, all my connected devices, they know that internet is available after restart or coming online almost instantly. Why does it take so long for Windows 11 to find the internet and allow me to actually see things on line?I spent a good amount of time trying everything to find the internet before I realized

:)

Brian Moellers, Jun 16, 2024

2. windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor

Windows 11 cannot detect my second monitor. Help. I did all the suggested troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work.

Janet Brandares, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 16, 2024
  4. Arun B J Win User

Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet

1. Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet - Similar Threads - Takes almost minute

2. Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Takes almost a minute for Windows 11 to detect Internet: So my windows 11 computer boots fine and all the drivers are saying they are up to date. However when the computer boots from either full restart or sleep mode, it takes at lest 30 seconds but sometimes over a minute for it to detect that it has access to the internet.My mac...
  3. Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?: Once in a while after rebooting for an update, Windows 11 takes 45 seconds to a minute to detect and open a USB drive. After a couple of subsequent reboots, it's back to normal, opening instantly. It's now happening again. I rebooted once, but it's still happening. It just...
  4. Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?

Why is it taking Windows 11 up to a minute to detect and open a USB drive?: Once in a while after rebooting for an update, Windows 11 takes 45 seconds to a minute to detect and open a USB drive. After a couple of subsequent reboots, it's back to normal, opening instantly. It's now happening again. I rebooted once, but it's still happening. It just...
  5. Sign in to windows takes minutes!

Sign in to windows takes minutes!: Hi,I have windows 11 now but the problem occurred in windows 10 too.After fresh installation, windows sign's in instantly after i type password. After one week the welcome -text isi visible 2 minutes, and after months of use, the sign in takes over 10 minutes. I'm unable to...
  6. Windows 10 taking almost 10 minutes to boot (with SSD)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking almost 10 minutes to boot (with SSD): Hello Everyone! My Windows 10 Home (version: 21H1 19043.1110) used to boot from SSD within 30 seconds. Now it takes almost 10 minutes just to get to the login screen. Already tried the following fix with no success: - chkdsk - sfc /scannow - dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. Welcome screen take almost a minute to login!! Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Welcome screen take almost a minute to login!! Any fix?: Hi guys, Is there any one have experienced this issue before? My laptop is very old but it has SSD Drive and I don't have this problem when I first installed window 10. It have just happened a few months ago . I thought the culprit might be my old laptop but my friend with a...
  8. Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection: Hi. Windows 10 on latest available build. Running wired to my Asus RT-AX88U router. When I turn on my PC and log in to my user (or any user), I see I have no internet connection. I log in to my router's admin page and the router shows it's already connected and was never...
  9. I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open: Don't ask how I did it, but I accidentally deleted some of my \roaming\appdata folders, including the Windows one. I refuse to tell. Fortunately, I use Windows 10 File History to back up that appdata folder--or at least I did until a couple of weeks ago, when I decided, in my...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly takes almost 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly takes almost 10 minutes to boot: My Windows 10 usually boot from SSD within 30 seconds. Now it takes almost 10 minutes just to get to the login screen. Already tried the following fix with no success: - chkdsk - sfc /scannow - dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - driver update - cold boot with all...