Windows 10: Takes Forever To Move Up and Down Chrome Pages

Discus and support Takes Forever To Move Up and Down Chrome Pages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On win 8.1 I was able to move from bottom of web page to top of page (or the reverse) The keys were Fn + left arrow to move to top and Fn + down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NOPD, Nov 24, 2015.

1. NOPD Win User

Takes Forever To Move Up and Down Chrome Pages

On win 8.1
    I was able to move from bottom of web page to top of page (or the reverse)
    The keys were Fn + left arrow to move to top and Fn + down arrow to move to bottom.

Can't find any equivalent in windows 10
    Suggestions?

LENOVO laptop new yoga pro
    win 10

:)

2. 10 is making my computer sluggish. Super frustrated!

Everything is moving slow. Every page I open has to be recovered several times. And they take forever to open. It takes an hour to read a few articles. What gives? It feels like there's processes happening slowing everything down

thomrichart, Nov 24, 2015
  3. DJ_444 Win User
    WIN 10

I am running win 10 on my laptop. It will announce that it needs to update which takes forever, and then it shuts down.

When I start it up again it says wait, installing previous versions of windows. I use google chrome and it takes so long for web pages to open, which I will ask google about. If anyone can help me with this issue, please let me know.

DJ_444, Nov 24, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ctrl+Home = top
    Cntrl+End = bottom

The Fn+ key combo is a Lenovo specific setup. Maybe you need to install a different keyboard driver?

Ztruker, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Atomic77 Win User
    Yeah that's what I was going to say but I have one thing to add I don't use chrome anymore. I was using it when IE would act up but now I got EDGE and things are all good again.

Atomic77, Nov 24, 2015
  6. NOPD Win User
    I think I've got it Fn+HOME for go to top Fn + End to go to bottom

7. I just use the up and down keys no fn
    Again that is on Edge
    That is on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

hTconeM9user, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Takes Forever To Move Up and Down Chrome Pages - Similar Threads - Takes Forever Move

2. Stop pages below first page moving up or down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop pages below first page moving up or down?: My first page has a title and other info.I want the second page to saty in place, not move down when I add a few lines to first page. Can I fix this page?...
  3. Stop pages below first page moving up or down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop pages below first page moving up or down?: My first page has a title and other info.I want the second page to saty in place, not move down when I add a few lines to first page. Can I fix this page?...
  4. Stop pages below first page moving up or down?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Moving files on the same drive takes forever.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files on the same drive takes forever.: ProblemWhen moving files from one directory to a different directory on the same drive, I have to wait about 5 minutes while the computer is calculating time/space requirements before the request goes through. It seems to be only on one part of the directory tree this...
  6. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  7. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  8. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Chrome takes forever to load YouTube videos

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome takes forever to load YouTube videos: Recently, I'm having problems with Chrome taking a lot longer than usual to load YouTube videos. This has been a problem that's started while getting on the desktop for the evening and watching some videos. At first, I thought it was an extension I was running called...
  10. Computer takes forever to shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...