Windows 10: Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.

Discus and support Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; To, Microsoft I am using a Laptop with Latest Windows 10 OS. It takes 1 Minute from time i Power On till Desktop open's completely. How can i speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GavinMathos, May 7, 2020.

1. Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.

To,

Microsoft

I am using a Laptop with Latest Windows 10 OS. It takes 1 Minute from time i Power On till Desktop open's completely. How can i speed this till Seconds.

Also want tips for Laptop / Windows 10 OS to run Faster, Smoother & improve performance.

Please help.

:)

GavinMathos, May 7, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 7, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On.

1. Takes Minute to Open a Desktop Completely after Power On. - Similar Threads - Takes Minute Open

2. Computer open very slowly. Takes at least 5 minutes to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer open very slowly. Takes at least 5 minutes to open: My computer windows 11 and all apps take a very long time to open. 5 plus minutes. It also freezes upon opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-open-very-slowly-takes-at-least-5-minutes/c040fd18-02b6-455c-b987-f51f7cb643fc
  3. Computer open very slowly. Takes at least 5 minutes to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer open very slowly. Takes at least 5 minutes to open: My computer windows 11 and all apps take a very long time to open. 5 plus minutes. It also freezes upon opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-open-very-slowly-takes-at-least-5-minutes/c040fd18-02b6-455c-b987-f51f7cb643fc
  4. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  5. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  6. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Apps and URLs take minutes to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and URLs take minutes to open: Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is that apps take a few minutes to open, starting from 1-2 minutes for desktop apps and 3-5 or more minutes for UWP apps.The second...
  8. Mouse now takes 54 sec to power-on after Desktop appears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse now takes 54 sec to power-on after Desktop appears: I've had this AsRock Z97 motherboard for 5 years. it has an SSD HD and has always booted up fast with the mouse being active as soon as I see the Desktop. Now it takes 54 sec for the mouse to power on. It's an MS mouse and I can watch the red light come on the mouse and then...
  9. Desktop takes minutes to appear when logging on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop takes minutes to appear when logging on: A couple of days ago I update my PC with version 2004. Since the updates been applied, whenever I turn my PC on and logon, I get a black screen (with cursor) and am stuck like that for ~4 minutes until the desktop appears (I timed it). I can ctrl+alt+del, I can open task...
  10. Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop: Hi, I run Windows10 Pro version 1909 x64 on my PC and installed the cumulative updates yesterday. Now it takes alteast 10 minutes for Windows to load the Desktop after a start/re-start. It takes forever with the coloured "Please wait" screen about 8 minutes to load the...