Windows 10: Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

Discus and support Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried many different tutorials from the tutorial page here on this site, but much of it is confusing to say the least. I am the only user on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, May 8, 2018.

1. Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

I have tried many different tutorials from the tutorial page here on this site, but much of it is confusing to say the least. I am the only user on this Dell 9010 refurbed computer running windows 10 Pro. Why is my name not shown on the navigation pane under Local Disk (C)/Users? (screen capture) I have a MS account with my name (Joseph Simpson), but it appears nowhere that I can find on this computer. I have very little authority to do much to change things. I've downloaded several reg files from Brinks page, but none work. (Example reg file to remove Network & Homegroup in the navigation pane) of which neither works. It appears to me that I do not have permissions to change much of anything. On the navigation pane under users there are 3 listings-defaultuser0, Owner & Public; default & public both show empty folders. Owner has the 2nd screen.

:)

oldyeller38, May 8, 2018
Thema:

Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

1. Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer - Similar Threads - Taking complete control

2. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  3. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  4. Taking control of a computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to get complete control of my own computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get complete control of my own computer?: Hi guys Since I installed win 10 my freedom to do what I want with my computer is limited. I have done everything I know, my account is admin account, I have given admin rights all over the place, I use "take ownership" all the time, I have made user account control silent",...
  6. Antimalware taking control of computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware taking control of computer: For 6.5 hours, with no indicator of when it might be done, Anti-Malware Service Executable has been taking up way more CPU than normal, resting at 30% compared to the normal 0-1%. Is this the average amount of time it takes for the AMSE to do a full scan? Is there something I...
  7. Hijacker tried to take control of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hijacker tried to take control of my computer: About a half hour ago when I opened up my browser I was sent to this fake site saying it was Norton and telling me that I had 5 viruses on my computer, I am a tech so I know that is not possible as I ran scans every couple of days and I trust Microsoft's Windows Defender. I...
  8. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...
  9. computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer taking 15-30 seconds to complete task: Everytime I try to click on anything on the computer - it takes 15-30 seconds and will usually show the circle spinning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-taking-15-30-seconds-to-complete-task/0d7558bb-d145-4250-8f96-05431af325ea
  10. Take ownership(my permission hell)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership(my permission hell): I've been using take ownership since maybe my win7 days even vista but M$ has done something to the process as take ownership no longer applies to everything in a folder. It's been hell trying to restore my older profiles every time I am forced to reinstall the OS(10th time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which user should i be on my computer to be in complete control