Windows 10: Taking computer apart

Discus and support Taking computer apart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i cant figure out how to take the back off my laptop. i cant find a single article or manual on my specific model on how to take it apart. Im just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeganHotte, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Taking computer apart

i cant figure out how to take the back off my laptop. i cant find a single article or manual on my specific model on how to take it apart. Im just replacing the hard drive and cant figure out how to get the back panel off. i have an hp pavilion model number 15-cs0064st. I need model specific answers only. Please help, thank you.

:)

MeganHotte, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Taking computer apart

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Taking computer apart

1. Taking computer apart - Similar Threads - Taking computer apart

2. My computer is falling apart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is falling apart: Hello. A few weeks ago I put a hard drive ssd into my laptop for more storage and I got windows on here and installed my drivers but its just blue screening ALL THE TIME. I at a point where im just done with it but I came here one last time to see if anyone can help. it only...
  3. My computer is falling apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is falling apart: Hello. A few weeks ago I put a hard drive ssd into my laptop for more storage and I got windows on here and installed my drivers but its just blue screening ALL THE TIME. I at a point where im just done with it but I came here one last time to see if anyone can help. it only...
  4. Computer seems to be falling apart, multiple problems. Not sure of the cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer seems to be falling apart, multiple problems. Not sure of the cause.: I'm using Windows 10, and my computer has been on a steep decline over the last few months and has hit a point where its borderline unusable. Here is a checklist of the problems I'm facing: - Over the last few months, my computer has had occasional episodes where everything...
  5. Computer seems to be falling apart, multiple problems. Not sure of the cause.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer seems to be falling apart, multiple problems. Not sure of the cause.: I'm using Windows 10, and my computer has been on a steep decline over the last few months and has hit a point where its borderline unusable. Here is a checklist of the problems I'm facing: - Over the last few months, my computer has had occasional episodes where everything...
  6. Computer seems to be falling apart, multiple problems. Not sure of the cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 is literally breaking apart in my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is literally breaking apart in my computer.: So first is the windows store. When I launched windows store it opened and then closed. And all windows apps are crashing (except for defender, settings). Second windows firewall can't change to recommend settings. Its really annoying. And third the windows icons are gone. I...
  8. M.2 works in other computers apart from mine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M.2 works in other computers apart from mine: I have a sandisk m.2 that works in other computers but when i try to use it on my motherboard it doesnt show up in bios or disk managment my motherbored is an arous z390 any ideas?...
  9. Volume permanently muted after taking apart laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume permanently muted after taking apart laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop (I can't find the model number), and have Windows 10 installed on it. Earlier today, I opened the inside of my laptop to plug my solid state drive back in, due to a boot device error that I've had to deal with before and have fixed. It turned...
  10. Any way to get my laptop fans to work without taking anything apart?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to get my laptop fans to work without taking anything apart?: Recently I had the suspicion that my fans weren't running. The laptop gets pretty hot sometimes and I didn't feel air or hear the fans. Just to be sure, I downloaded SpeedFan and sure enough both fans registered at 0 rpm. I spilled milk on it back in January; luckily it...