Windows 10: Taking control of a computer

Discus and support Taking control of a computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David Živković, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Taking control of a computer

This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect myself if that happens? Key combination? Some kind of program?Again I'm very sorry if questions like this are not supposed to be here. If that's the case I'll ask only when a problem appears.

:)

David Živković, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Taking control of a computer

I cannot take control over windows insider updates.

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Take Control button not working, follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Check if the old Administrator account is still showing on the list.
    • If yes, click on the old Administrator account, and then click on Delete the account.
    • After deleting the old account, check if the Take Control button will now work.
    Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Taking control of a computer

1. Taking control of a computer - Similar Threads - Taking control computer

2. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  3. Taking control of a computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taking control of a computer: This didn't happen yet and I'm very sorry if I'm not supposed to ask questions like this, you can always ignore it.So I had let's say some kind of dream or nightmare where I downloaded l4d2 and someone was able to control my mouse and keyboard. Is there any way to protect...
  4. Windows 10 network - first computer up takes control of network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network - first computer up takes control of network: OK, I have a very specific question here. I am trying to get two Windows 10 computers to network properly. I've gone through all the usually published steps on the internet sharing, public/private, etc,, everything's updated. The network itself works, and I can share files,...
  5. Antimalware taking control of computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware taking control of computer: For 6.5 hours, with no indicator of when it might be done, Anti-Malware Service Executable has been taking up way more CPU than normal, resting at 30% compared to the normal 0-1%. Is this the average amount of time it takes for the AMSE to do a full scan? Is there something I...
  6. Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.: My computer installed something at start up one morning and since has locked me out of Apps and Administrative functions. I have repeatedly been asked about a password change, and have complied by doing so. At one point I was informed the Reset would not take away the "Temp"...
  7. Windows 10 taking control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taking control: I want to know why Windows keeps changing settings away from my preferences? I am signed in via my hotmail account. Under accounts, the sign in options, I chose to NEVER if I am away for a while, require Windows to have sign back in. It has also been changing the settings...
  8. Hijacker tried to take control of my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hijacker tried to take control of my computer: About a half hour ago when I opened up my browser I was sent to this fake site saying it was Norton and telling me that I had 5 viruses on my computer, I am a tech so I know that is not possible as I ran scans every couple of days and I trust Microsoft's Windows Defender. I...
  9. Hacker taking control of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hacker taking control of my computer?: Hi, about 40 minutes ago i was playing a game of rainbow six siege on my computer when in the chat i started posting messages not even written by me. This was very confronting so i immediately unpluged the ethenet cable and closed the game. I started a full scan on my...
  10. Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking complete control (permissions) of my computer: I have tried many different tutorials from the tutorial page here on this site, but much of it is confusing to say the least. I am the only user on this Dell 9010 refurbed computer running windows 10 Pro. Why is my name not shown on the navigation pane under Local Disk...