Windows 10: taking data off onboard mSata SSD

Discus and support taking data off onboard mSata SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Selling my Dell XPS. I removed my D drive which contained most of my data but the OS is on an onboard SSD, looks like its a 256GB mSATA. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Feb 17, 2019.

1. lenberman Win User

taking data off onboard mSata SSD

Selling my Dell XPS. I removed my D drive which contained most of my data but the OS is on an onboard SSD, looks like its a 256GB mSATA. How do I reformat that drive, can it be done in the BIOS?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Feb 17, 2019
  2. amrathil Win User

mSATA SSD

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had used a mSATA to 1.8'' adapter, something like this:

Addonics Product: mSATA SSD 1.8" micro SATA adapter

, I'm just asking because mSATA SSD's are quite cheaper than 1.8'', and I'd like to buy one of these for my booklet.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

amrathil, Feb 17, 2019
  3. amrathil Win User
    mSATA SSD

amrathil, Feb 17, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

@EdTittel, You are welcome.
    Since you did not have the USB interface for mSata. You can make a backup copy of the 500GB to a regular external USB HD then:
    1. Replace the 500GB with the 250GB.
    2. Boot up Macrium rescue disk, select the image to restore and 250GB as destination
    3. Do steps 3-8 above

topgundcp, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. taking data off onboard mSata SSD - Similar Threads - taking data off

2. External mSata ssd very hot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  3. Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD: Does anyone know where I can get a Windows 10 driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD drive? This was the system disk in my Dell laptop when it got messed up by a recent Microsoft update. I really want to take a copy of the drive before I try to fix the problem. The...
  4. onboard microphone?

onboard microphone?: Does my surface 2 have an onboard microphone and if so how do I enable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onboard-microphone/49661f50-884c-4394-84af-132599da5836
  5. Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD

Installed Win10 on laptop and it doesn't recognize the mSATA SSD: I've got a laptop with two SSDs - the main SATA SSD and a small mSATA SSD. I installed Win 10 to the main SSD (Win 10 installer could see both disks). Once Win 10 is installed, it no longer sees the mSATA SSD. In Disk Mgmt, I only see Disk 0 (the main SSD), which is...
  6. Added mSATA Accessibility

Added mSATA Accessibility: I added a Samsung EVO 860 mSATA 250GB as a second drive in the available mini PCIe slot that was designed for it in my Lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 os. It shows up in device manager under disk drives correctly, but does not show up anywhere as a local or available...
  7. Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??): Hello Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD . According to my records it is a: "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA III MLC Internal SSD". I have tried searching Samsung's various sites and found it to be intensely confusing!...
  8. my secondary drive mSata SSD keeps disappearing from Windows 10

my secondary drive mSata SSD keeps disappearing from Windows 10: p.s. I have the system log test here if it helps in anything. Uploadfiles.io - Test Event Logs - Default.html
  9. Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?

Samsung mSATA SSD only show 113/250 GB!?: As the thread title states, my SSD is mysteriously missing a ton of space.. It is my C: drive with Windows 10 Pro installed on it. I put the SSD in, while using Windows7, anyway, I got Win 10 (clean install from scratch), Cloned from HDD to SSD, moved around the boot...
  10. Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap: Ladies & Gents: I'm getting ready to decommission a desktop to give to my sister's family. Right now, it's got a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB mSATA installed as the boot/system drive. I want to swap that unit out for a spare Samsung EVO 850 250 GB mSATA, so I can put the 500 GB...