Windows 10: Taking forever to update win 10

Discus and support Taking forever to update win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pasanranaweera, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Taking forever to update win 10

Hello guys,

Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with my wifi driver. When i connect to the internet via ethernet such a problem doesn't arise. However i was able to use my pc and i downloaded win 10 update assistant as windows updates in settings wont update properly.So after i downloaded update assistant it ran through several processes and it says updating windows. I have seen that from 90 % onwards it takes forever to update. For 5 hours it is stuck in 99%. And also now all the applications takes forever to load. I cant access the start botton. I can only refresh and open windows update assistant. During the update i was installing ms office and i canceled it thinking that it slows down my pc.I canceled overnight but still the application is there telling cancelling install. Please help me. Here are my specs

Windows 10 professional

4GB RAM

INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR

Thanks,

Pasan

:)

pasanranaweera, Nov 5, 2018

2. Taking forever to update win 10

Hello guys,

Earlier i posted a question about a freezing problem in my pc. I think i have found a solution to it. Looks like there is a problem with my wifi driver. When i connect to the internet via ethernet such a problem doesn't arise. However i was able to use
    my pc and i downloaded win 10 update assistant as windows updates in settings wont update properly.So after i downloaded update assistant it ran through several processes and it says updating windows. I have seen that from 90 % onwards it takes forever to
    update. For 5 hours it is stuck in 99%. And also now all the applications takes forever to load. I cant access the start botton. I can only refresh and open windows update assistant. During the update i was installing ms office and i canceled it thinking
    that it slows down my pc.I canceled overnight but still the application is there telling cancelling install. Please help me. Here are my specs

Windows 10 professional

4GB RAM

INTEL CELERON PROCESSOR

Thanks,

Pasan

pasanranaweera, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Nuggg Win User
    Win 10 upgrade takes forever

I am trying to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10, but the upgrade is taking forever.

I downloaded the files ok but the update itself takes too long.

I started the update last night, when I checked this morning before I went to work (9 hours later!) the progress was at 6%, I left it running during the day and when I got back from work (another 9 hours!) it was only up to 8% progress.

I have 140GB space on my SSD, a fairly fast processor and 16GB RAM so I don't think it is a HW problem.

Is there something I can fix to make it work at a more reasonable speed?

Nuggg, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Taking forever to update win 10

Windows 10 Update Taking Forever

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Taking forever to update win 10

1. Taking forever to update win 10 - Similar Threads - Taking forever update

2. exe take forever to open on win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe take forever to open on win 10: when i try to run an exe im trying to get discord right now it takes like 5+ minutes just to open when i tried to install roblox a week ago and it took way too long...
  3. exe take forever to open on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe take forever to open on win 10: when i try to run an exe im trying to get discord right now it takes like 5+ minutes just to open when i tried to install roblox a week ago and it took way too long...
  4. exe take forever to open on win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  6. Win 10 takes forever to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 takes forever to boot: Hi, My Win10 takes almost 15 to 20 minutes to display the win logon since powering ON. The following is the machine specs: OS : Win10 Pro Processor : Intel i7 7th Gen RAM : 16 GB HDD : SSD 256GB Let me know what logs do you need to troubleshoot this issue?...
  7. Win 10 Boot taking forever and not responsive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Boot taking forever and not responsive.: Ran Norton USB bootable recovery tool to try to address the problem. Scan should take close to 2 hours. Scanned for 5 mins/ 35 files and reported no infections. Is Win10 Corrupted/Infected ?...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates Take Forever!: Running Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-C2 laptops. When it comes to updates, they are taking FOREVER to install - 20 to 30 minutes. Is anyone experiencing the updates taking this long....my users are screaming because time is money and updates are just taking too long. I am not...
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...