Windows 10: Taking over the ownership

Discus and support Taking over the ownership in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by musazichle, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Taking over the ownership

Hi there,I'm having an issue with files stores within C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Here's the problem:I would like to play Forza Horizon 5 using my steering wheel - Logitech G27.To make it work in the desired way, I would like to add this game to the Logitech Profiler - this allows to customize all the settings.Unfortunately, in order to do it, I need to add ForzaHorizon5.exe file to the profiler. It wasn't easy to find it, because unlike Steam or any other game clients, Xbox application will not show where exactly .exe file is. I managed to locate it here:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microso

:)

musazichle, Nov 11, 2021

2. Take Ownership

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that you need to do the following:

• Press the Windows key t+ R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 11, 2021
  3. How to "take ownership"?

I’ve found a small solution to hide the smiley icon. It doesn’t disable the button, it only renders the icon invisible.
    This is what I did:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and find ieframe.dll
    • Take ownership and give administrators full control
    • ...snip...
    • Save the file and copy it back to C:\Windows\System32

So, the question is how to take "control" - I seem to still be getting permission denied errors when copying the file back to c:\Windows\System32?

Okay so it seems that after taking ownership and giving adminstrators control, I got further - I had to also explicitly set the file permission. It did let me copy my modified .dll over the ieframe.dll, but now IE does not start up! Luckily I am running this in a VM so can revert to an earlier snapshot, but there does seem to be some fundamental step that I am missing!

GerhardusVanG, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Taking over the ownership

Take Ownership Takes Over

I used a .reg file to add "Take Ownership" to my right click context menu, but now it's at the top of the list in BOLD and it automatically executes when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer (not other file explorers), instead of the folder simply
    opening (SIGH) How can I make Take Ownership just a regular choice?

JamesDodds14, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Taking over the ownership

1. Taking over the ownership - Similar Threads - Taking ownership

2. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin": Hi I'm working with a windows 10 system, but recently I found right clicking some of my files does not have "Run as Admin" option, instead it says "take ownership" I wonder what's wrong with this...
  3. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin": Hi I'm working with a windows 10 system, but recently I found right clicking some of my files does not have "Run as Admin" option, instead it says "take ownership" I wonder what's wrong with this...
  4. "Take ownership" vs "Run as Admin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I take ownership of Windows Defender's Services folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take ownership of Windows Defender's Services folder?: Hello! I've been trying to solve the Detection History bug in windows defender but I'm not able to take ownership of the folder in order to delete it. All the solutions listed I've tried both with my standard user and Administrator user.What I have already...
  6. How do I take ownership of Windows Defender's Services folder?

How do I take ownership of Windows Defender's Services folder?: Hello! I've been trying to solve the Detection History bug in windows defender but I'm not able to take ownership of the folder in order to delete it. All the solutions listed I've tried both with my standard user and Administrator user.What I have already...
  7. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: This is not working:Function Enable-Privilege { param [string[]]$Privileges try { $typeExists = [AppDomain]::CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies ForEach-Object {$_.GetExportedTypes Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "AdjPriv" }}; if $typeExists -eq $null { $Definition = @" using System;...
  8. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: This is not working:Function Enable-Privilege { param [string[]]$Privileges try { $typeExists = [AppDomain]::CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies ForEach-Object {$_.GetExportedTypes Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "AdjPriv" }}; if $typeExists -eq $null { $Definition = @" using System;...
  9. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

10. How do I take ownership of HKLM\System\WaaS?

How do I take ownership of HKLM\System\WaaS?: How do I take ownership of HKLM\System\WaaS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-ownership-of-hklmsystemwaas/a94467c0-7750-4d22-9edb-9a58be895b97

Users found this page by searching for:

1. take ownership of dll