Windows 10: Taking Ownership of Default Icons in CLSID (GUID)

Discus and support Taking Ownership of Default Icons in CLSID (GUID) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I refer to the Complete List of CLSID Key Shortcuts, which I found right here on tenforums to change the icons in my Control Panel. To do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YanAndrew, Jul 9, 2016.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Taking Ownership of Default Icons in CLSID (GUID)

Hi Guys,

I refer to the Complete List of CLSID Key Shortcuts, which I found right here on tenforums to change the icons in my Control Panel. To do this, I need to take ownership of each of the Default Icon, which makes me wonder if there any risks associated with doing so. If yes, what might they be?

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, Jul 9, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I am not sure I understand your question. The tutorial you refer to is for creating new shortcuts that you can put on your desktop or in the taskbar and start menu. I would not try to change the existing icons in the Control Panel which are integral to the W10 operating system.

philc43, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Taking Ownership of Default Icons in CLSID (GUID) - Similar Threads - Taking Ownership Default

2. I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...: To do this I have to get 'Full Control' permission for my Admin/Owner account. Every time I try to change the permissions to give me full control for the Installation process I get a "Unable to save permission Changes. How can I, as the Admin, be denied this access? And how...
  3. I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need To take ownership of "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RDSServer.DataFactory\ Clsid" in...: To do this I have to get 'Full Control' permission for my Admin/Owner account. Every time I try to change the permissions to give me full control for the Installation process I get a "Unable to save permission Changes. How can I, as the Admin, be denied this access? And how...
  4. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  5. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  6. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  8. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  9. Cant take ownership

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take ownership: So my problem started when i was on my steam and i was downloading a game onto my (D:) drive, it gave me a error message saying folder not writable. I narrowed the problem down to making steam folder in my (D:) drive not read only, but every time i try to, i get an error...
  10. CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10: How to: CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts List for Windows 10 Complete List of Windows 10 CLSID Key (GUID) Shortcuts A CLSID is a globally unique identifier that identifies a COM class object. For more information about a CLSID key and the function of it's subkeys in the...