Windows 10: Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004

Discus and support Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys! I'm currently interested in tinkering around with the assets within the UWP version of Minecraft Bedrock Edition (personal interest), but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by glitchdweller, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004

Hey guys!

I'm currently interested in tinkering around with the assets within the UWP version of Minecraft Bedrock Edition (personal interest), but since Windows protects the WindowsApps folder like Fort Knox, i dont have the ability to even copy the files to my desktop for a separate copy. Solutions i have seen online dont seem to work, and i'm assuming something was changed recently that makes it impossible to take ownership and control of anything within the folder. On the off chance that this is in fact, not the case, I'm asking here if anybody knows of a solution to this issue.

I'm aware of the issues that can come from this, as well as any security risks, and i acknowledge that this isnt the safest thing to do, but I'm interested in doing so anyways.

Windows version listed as 2004, OS Build of 19041.450

:)

glitchdweller, Aug 30, 2020

2. Can't get take ownership of a folder

No hardware or software changes were made recently.

The version is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro v1709

The troubleshooting steps I have done are that I've tried to take ownership several different ways. I made sure the file settings weren't set to encrypted.

Would enabling the built in Admin allow me to take ownership of the folders?

Also I do believe the folders change name so when I enter the path I was given a few day ago by the external backup site, it says the folder doesn't exist. Is this something that happens in the with this folder path?

Jonathan Pierce (jpierce), Aug 30, 2020
  3. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC.

Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004 [​IMG]

This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below.

I have even applied the changes to all subfolders...but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

blackbirdabhi, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004

Take Ownership Takes Over

I used a .reg file to add "Take Ownership" to my right click context menu, but now it's at the top of the list in BOLD and it automatically executes when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer (not other file explorers), instead of the folder simply
    opening (SIGH) How can I make Take Ownership just a regular choice?

JamesDodds14, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004

1. Taking ownership of UWP application (folder) on Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Taking ownership UWP

2. cannot take ownership of folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot take ownership of folders: I get permission errors when I try to open some folders in Windows 10 desktop. I try to take ownership as described in How to take ownership of a Folder. I am the administrator. I'm the only user. When I do I get the following errors. an error occurred applying security...
  3. Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taking ownership of windowsapps folder - failed to process?: So ive taken ownership without much of an issue on two of my pc's. my 3rd is fighting me tooth n nail. When i go to take ownership, it fails to process some stuff. I know when this happened on one of the other pc's, instead of the context menu item to take ownership, I had...
  4. Folder access denied and Take Ownership fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder access denied and Take Ownership fails: Hello, I have been dealing with an issue lately not being able to access the files from an external drive. That drive contains the windows 10 files that I had on my old pc. I have tried many methods of trying to take folder ownership and it keeps failing, error messages...
  5. Take ownership

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  6. Take ownership

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership: Is there an easy way to take ownership of files or folders so they can be deleted. I want to delete Windows.old and some of the Wallpapers I have added to windows 10. Thanks 139644
  7. Take Ownership folders and files

Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  8. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  9. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

Unable to take ownership of a folder.: Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC. [img] This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below. [img] [img] I have even applied the changes to all...
  10. Seagate Central - how to take ownership of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Seagate Central - how to take ownership of folders: Seagate Central: I've had a 4TB Seagate "Central" for a few years and it was cluttered with lots of backups from my old XP setup, which died. I connected the Central to the new W10 PC (both hard wired on the LAN) On the Central, - the old "public" area, - and 2 "User...