Windows 10: Taking screenshots

Discus and support Taking screenshots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Lightshot for taking screenshots. Please how could I set hotkeys for this app?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gideon Déborath, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Taking screenshots

Using Lightshot for taking screenshots. Please how could I set hotkeys for this app?

:)

Gideon Déborath, Mar 5, 2020

2. How to take a screenshot on Windows 10?

• WinKey + PrintScreen : Copies the entire screen to clipboard & automatically saves it to a .PNG file in your Pictures\Screenshots folder.
    Also see:

How to Take a Screenshot in Windows? Different Ways Explained

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 5, 2020
  3. can't take screenshots

Even I face this problem today on my Nokia lumia 920 , i searched and got suggestion which worked for some people that delete the screenshot folder and then take the screenshot so that it will create again the screenshot folder.

Iam also going to try the same.

please reply if this works...

Thanks.

AKSHANTNAGAR, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Taking screenshots

Taking screenshot at windows 10

We found some steps to resolve this issue, in which, we need to edit few things on the registry. Kindly follow the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type Regedt32.exe and click
      OK.
    • Navigate to the location listed below:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • In the right side, look for ScreenshotIndex, with the key type
      DWORD (REG_DWORD). If you do not see this item on this location, then this is the reason why your screenshot is not being saved under Screenshot Folders. With this being said, you need to create a new registry key. Follow the steps provided
      below:
      • Do a right-click > New > DWORD Value. Make sure to name it as ScreenshotIndex.
      • Double-click on the newly made registry key and edit the values as follows:
        • Base - Decimal
        • Value data - 695
      • Click OK.
    • Now we need to make sure that this newly created registry key DWORD is pointed out to your user profile settings. We need to move to a different location in the left side. Kindly navigate to the location provided below in the left panel:
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • On this location, look for the item named {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} with the key type
      expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). If you don't see it, you can create a new key, same as the process we have created with ScreenshotIndex. Just make sure that you select expandable string.
    • Double-click on the registry key, make sure that the Value data is in the correct user path. Check the example below:
      • %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots
    • Click OK.

After doing the steps provided, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer. After restarting your computer, you can start doing a screenshot and it should be saved to the folder you have set in the registry keys. If they are already in there,
    then this means that the issue is resolved.

Please note that the steps that I have listed on this response was made from one of the 3rd party articles created by one of our renowned Community MVPs named

Kapil Arya MVP

Please let us know if this solution works for you.

Nick Dich, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Taking screenshots

1. Taking screenshots - Similar Threads - Taking screenshots

2. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  3. onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive screenshot not working. used prtsc to take a onedrive screenshot, but instead the...: when I use "prt sc" to take a screenshot of my screen, so that it is saved automatically in onedrive, the Snipping tool opens. How do I differentiate screenshot snipping tools and onedrive hotkeys?...
  4. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  5. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  6. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75
  7. Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN

Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN: Automatic Screenshot not taking screenshots while connected to windows VPN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-screenshot-not-taking-screenshots-while/d9b98a61-a037-4c8f-88a8-06a60c8ccc75
  8. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  9. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...: Hi, I used to always take screenshots with the shortcut windows+PrtScn but now the shortcut isn't working. I tried also using windows+shift+s to take a screenshot of part of the screen it worked like normal except when I selected an area it didn't take a screenshot. I have...
  10. Can't take screenshot with print screen - Ans is here...

in Windows 10 Customization