Windows 10: Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10...

Discus and support Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win10 desktop sat idle for 8 weeks during office furough. SSD drives were spinning when I arrived. Desktop must have been powered on during that time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dale 17019, May 18, 2020.

1. Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10...

Win10 desktop sat idle for 8 weeks during office furough. SSD drives were spinning when I arrived. Desktop must have been powered on during that time. To get any response beyond the sign on screen required a rebuild of MS Win 10 OS by using the power button to roll back. Eventually the system allowed me to do a safe boot.

Eventually the OS was stable enough to load Adobe and MS office products. They booted fine, as I moved between users, suddenly no local users including the admin profile build as admin could get past the login screen. Login screen would appear, then no additional action would respond

Boot to login process seems fine in this status. Login works for all users, then blue wheel of death just spins no matter what process I request on any of the users. I just took the updated Windows 10 including 2025-05 for x64 systems KB4556799. Problem still exists.

I can only power down by holding the power down until the computer powers off. I log back in and sometimes I get to the task manager to function for the first stage like to see the proccess, but mouse is sluggish and all processes are frozen. I can only activate one process and the computer freezes I have tried using window logo key to shutdown/restart without success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

Dale 17019, May 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 18, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10...

1. Taking Several Versions of Windows 10 including 2025-05 - rolled back and rebuilt Win 10... - Similar Threads - Taking Several Versions

2. Roll back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  3. Roll back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roll back to windows 10: I am having trouble rolling back from windows 11 to windows 10. I am on the system settings "Go Back" screen but it is not highlighted and says "This option is no longer avalible on this PC" I would like to roll back because i am experiencing frame rate drop in games, and i...
  4. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  5. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rolling back windows 10: So I had a genuine version of windows on my pc then I upgraded it to windows enterprise. But that version was pirated so if I roll back will I get genuine windows again?...
  6. Rolling back windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows 10 rolled back to version 4 problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 rolled back to version 4 problems: First i had problem signing in with my pin and after i changed it and had a restart it rolled back to version 2004 and desktop became different and now i have found the ff problems. troubleshooting says cannot play 4k videos. hevc codec not installed and audio protect...
  8. Rolling back Windows 10 to previous version

Rolling back Windows 10 to previous version: Is it possible to roll back Windows 10 to the previous version? I’ve just installed Windows 10, v. 1909. My Asus k501u laptop started lagging when I installed this Windows version. It was a clean installation....
  9. how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10

how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10: how do I roll back to a previous version of win 10? I think an update messed up one of my programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previous-version-of-win-10/6f8c8283-91bb-45ea-bc85-027a92a23163
  10. Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10: How to: Roll Back Driver to Previous Version in Windows 10 How to Roll Back a Device Driver to a Previous Version in Windows 10 [img] Information A newer version of a device driver often adds functionality and fixes problems that were discovered in earlier versions....