Windows 10: Taking too long to restart my new computer

Discus and support Taking too long to restart my new computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new HP laptop yesterday. It has 4 GB RAM, HDD 1TB, and Intel Core i5 8250U. But it takes too long time to restart. I had to use the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lương Nguyễn Minh Đức, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Taking too long to restart my new computer

I bought a new HP laptop yesterday. It has 4 GB RAM, HDD 1TB, and Intel Core i5 8250U. But it takes too long time to restart. I had to use the power button to turn it off and boot it up again.

:)

Lương Nguyễn Minh Đức, Aug 22, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 over 8.1 is taking too long

Hi,

I suggest you to restart your computer because it never takes long time. After your computer restarts check which version of Windows does it has. Based on which version of Windows you have, we will provide you further troubleshooting steps.

PranavMishra5582, Aug 22, 2019
  3. firewine Win User
    Create new folder takes too long

Thanks for the suggestion Ramesh, but it still takes a long time to create a new folder. It feels very strange, like I'm accessing my computer via a virtual server!

firewine, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Taking too long to restart my new computer

Create new folder takes too long

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue specific when creating a new folder or you feel slowness in overall performance of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    I suggest you to restart the file explorer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Restart File explorer.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.

• Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.

• Now select on File tab and click Run Task.

• Type explorer.exe and press ok.

• Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computers, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Taking too long to restart my new computer

1. Taking too long to restart my new computer - Similar Threads - Taking too long

2. startup and restart taking too long windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    startup and restart taking too long windows 11: I installed Windows 11 over a week ago after 8 tries; microsoft had to do it by clean install. Nothing but problems since. Now my startup or restart taking 20 minutes. Every tech I speak to does something different for hours but there are always new problems afterward. One...
  3. Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.: My Windows 10 now I updated to 11. Takes too long on restarting screen. This happened a month ago. Last week i Updated to windows 11 thinking it will replace OS and the restarting problem was in Windows 10. But still the problem is same. NOTE: this is not related to windows...
  4. Laptop takes too long to restart

Laptop takes too long to restart: When I restart my laptop, it takes a very long time. The strange thing is that when I boot up my laptop, like fresh boot or simple power on, it is fast and it has no problems ,it just boot up normally. If I restart my laptop, it takes too long that I had to press and hold...
  5. windows 10 restart taking too long

windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  6. Restarting pc takes too long!

Restarting pc takes too long!: Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro x64. Since i installed Windows, restart is way too slow. But now it is even worse. It takes almost 20 seconds sometimes. I tried to disable something, which has to do with system saving state image and hibernation and to disable automatic...
  7. Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Taking Too Long to Restart.: Hello, I recently realized that restarting takes longer than shutting my laptop down and turning it on again. It even works slower at the beginning when restarting it. The laptop is just half a year old. Laptop is fine it is working very good for its specifications but I just...
  8. Taking too long to restart my new computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taking too long to restart my new computer: I bought a new HP laptop yesterday. It has 4 GB RAM, HDD 1TB, and Intel Core i5 8250U. But it takes too long time to restart. I had to use the power button to turn it off and boot it up again....
  9. Restart taking too long on Panasonic Toughpad

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart taking too long on Panasonic Toughpad: Hello all, We're having an issue about restart or sign out on Windows 10 on Panasonic Toughpad. The process can take up to 10 mins which is an incredible time for us in flight operations. Does anyone know about the issue and solution? Thank you in advance....
  10. Opening a New Folder takes too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taking long time to restart hp laptop from safe mode please wait

2. win 10 1909 home takes too long to restart