Windows 10: taking windows media player off my computer.

Discus and support taking windows media player off my computer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It is saying it is not on my computer for windows player when I go to write it goes to windows media player . I went in to uninstall bit it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulaGilliam, Feb 3, 2020.

1. taking windows media player off my computer.

It is saying it is not on my computer for windows player when I go to write it goes to windows

media player . I went in to uninstall bit it still stays on the computer.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

PaulaGilliam, Feb 3, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Feb 3, 2020
  4. taking windows media player off my computer.

THRiLL KiLL, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

taking windows media player off my computer.

1. taking windows media player off my computer. - Similar Threads - taking media player

2. Is there a setting that can be turned off for Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a setting that can be turned off for Media Player: Media Player has been a nice addition but one thing persists that annoys me that others including Movies & TV app have not a problem with as I can get to the settings for it to disable name display for videos when on repeat. I tried looking but can't find it When I repeat a...
  3. Is there a setting that can be turned off for Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a setting that can be turned off for Media Player: Media Player has been a nice addition but one thing persists that annoys me that others including Movies & TV app have not a problem with as I can get to the settings for it to disable name display for videos when on repeat. I tried looking but can't find it When I repeat a...
  4. Is there a setting that can be turned off for Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player: Hi, I've been trying to rip cd's onto my USB stick, I've been having some issues trying to rip the 1st track of cd's onto it and Windows Media Player keeps ripping the 1st track of my cd's onto a seperate album called "Unkown album" with the date and time at the end of itCan...
  6. Cant take this PIN off my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant take this PIN off my computer: Im trying to remove the pin from my startup screen because I have a password set up that I would rather use. It wont let me go through the settings, go to accounts, press windows hello pin, because when I do I get the message "This option is currently unavailable, click to...
  7. No media players work on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No media players work on my computer: Whenever I try opening a media file MP3, AVI, MP4 any media program I try won't open. They are shown running in the task manager, but none of them open on-screen. I have tried VLC, SMPlayer, 5KPlayer, and none of them open. Under Apps, it says I have Window Media Player...
  8. Window media player, is it required to be installed in computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window media player, is it required to be installed in computer?: Safe to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-player-is-it-required-to-be-installed/49e27370-6854-4d07-b651-f85cf7b01a56"
  9. My Windows Media Player is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows Media Player is not working: Windows Media Player no sound. I have some days with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-media-player-is-not-working/e7ac78a4-900d-4592-a9bb-ee66d040a021
  10. Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player won't rip CD to my WMP music library. This is a Windows 7 WMP program transferred with a Windows 10 upgrade. Haven't used WMP rip up until now. I put the CD into my laptop and had always got immediate processing under Windows 7,but now the CD is entered...