Windows 10: Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Discus and support Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZeroUnderscoreOu, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be malware, but that doesn't seem to be the case quick scan by Windows Security and a third-party solution report all clear; same with VirusTotal scan of Taskmgr.exe. As far as I understand there's something wrong with the digital signature of the file VirusTotal states that root certificate is not trusted by the trust provider.

:)

ZeroUnderscoreOu, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Ram_482 Win User

Unknown Publisher when trying the installer(exe/msi) on windows 10

I'm using Visual Studio 2019 and have build "Installers(msi/exe)" using "Setup Wizard".

When i'm running the set.exe installer, the application "publisher" is being reported as "Unknown".

I've gone through some references and found that the setup.exe needs to be digitally signed with the certificate. So,

i have followed below steps to add digital signature to the setup.exe

1. Create Digital certificate (https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO26065.html)

2. Using signtool i have digitally signed setup.exe

signtool.exe sign /f "E:\sample.pfx" /p "sample@123" /tr
    http://timestamp.comodoca.com/rfc3161 /v "E:\setup.exeWhen
    i try to run setup.exe locally, the application "publisher" is reported as "localhost" instead of "Unknown", but if i

run the same setup.exe on another system application "publisher" is reported as "Unknown"Please provide any suggestions on fixing this "Unknown
    Publisher" issue

Ram_482, Nov 6, 2021
  3. KlausKo Win User
    UAC: Do you trust the unknown publisher to make chnages to your computer

The game won't run.

User control ask if I trust this unknown publisher to do changes to the computer ?

Any suggestions beside upgrading to newer game ?

Incompatibility with Football Manager 2005- Original Title

KlausKo, Nov 6, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

unknown publisher

Hey, J.K. Rowling was an unknown publisher before Harry Potter, and look what happened to her.

But in your case, the 'unknown publisher' refers to the security certificate that vouches for a software program. These certificates need to be renewed annually or they become invalid, and Windows won't run software with an invalid security certificate.
    CM Tray is part of a very old program. Upgrade to the most recent version of the program, which will likely have a valid security certificate.

BulldogXX, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

1. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher? - Similar Threads - Taks Manager file

2. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  3. Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is an app from an "unknown publisher"?: I just did a fresh Windows 11 installation. All of the most recent updates have been successfully installed.When I start Task Manager, I get a popup that says "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?"I thought this might be a...
  4. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  5. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  6. Task Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  8. Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taks Manager is a file from unknown publisher?: When I try to launch Task Manager under administrator, I get UAC prompt asking if I want to allow the app from an unknown publisher to make changes to my device. This is a fairly recent problem, just few weeks ago I didn't have it.My initial thought was that it may be...
  9. Unknown Publisher!!

Unknown Publisher!!: i have ran into today a UAC from a program i downloaded saying it was a Unknown publisher the program is ROBOMIND and it downloaded it from the official site! so question: Can i trust it and click, yes? is robomind even safe? and have you tried and experienced found any...
  10. All of my system files are from unknown publishers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All of my system files are from unknown publishers: So, lately literally everything of windows is from a unknown publisher. From the dlls, the task manager, event viewer, and even when I'm creating a folder it asks permission to run 'File Operation' I'm going nuts, not because I have to allow every single little thing, but...