Windows 10: Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Discus and support Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesKurchak, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

I share my printer with my wife. She has the printer on her computer, running Win 7 because Win 10 didn't work well on her computer. I am running Win 10 (would go back to 7 if I could, this thing takes forever to boot up). How do I get access to the printer on her computer?

:)

JamesKurchak, Mar 5, 2019

2. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Mar 5, 2019
  3. KenLyle Win User
    With Each major Win 10 and Win 7 update Homegroups are killed? Help?

Unfortunately, the HomeGroup troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem.

At this point I am inclined to believe the problem was a corrupt Windows 7 Update (the most recent one). And unfortunately "recovery" to a few weeks prior was unable to resolve the problem.

So the only solution is to attempt a full clean install of either Win 7 or Win 10, and say a prayer.

The Win 7 computer still has access to the wireless router and internet, it is just unable to connect to the HomeGroup to gain access to the shared Windows 10 printers like it did before (or anything else shared from the Win 10 computer).

KenLyle, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Rexter Win User

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

Help with Win 7 HomeGroup folder sharing

So, me and my brother are very happy for the homegroup function in windows 7 because we listen/watch eachothers music and pictures all the time, and thats why the homegroup function is a god send.

So today i figured i might share another folder, the "Downloads" folder under your respective user. Or, located here "C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads" (that folder is made by windows, not me), right clicked, chose "Share With" then "Homegroup (Read)". Fine. Now on my brothers pc, i opened up my computer on homegroup, and double clicked on the "Downloads" folder i just shared, and then it says it can not be found. wtf? the pre-set music and picture folders work fine but not the one i shared.
    Ive tried everything i could, even though the options with homegroup are very, very limited.

Anyone tried fiddling with windows 7 homegroups?

Rexter, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone

1. Talking to a Win 7 computer with homegroup gone - Similar Threads - Talking computer homegroup

2. Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't connect to Win 7 homegroup: I just got a new HP desktop running win 10. I already have a local network with two laptops running win 10 and one desktop running win 7. The win 7 pc serves as my media server and has a homegroup enabled with sharing. My new PC recognizes the win 7 pc on the network but I...
  3. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer: Hello, I am trying to transfer files from my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer. I do not know why this is so difficult. I need to transfer the files before I upgrade to windows 10 on the win 7 computer, I am exhausted with all of the settings, this should be...
  4. Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer: This was working for a while, but no longer is (as typical). I did have to reinstall the OS on the Win 10 computer, nothing changed on the Win 7 computer. The Win 7 computer shows up on the network, but if I click on it says "unable to access". Discovery in the options is...
  5. homegroup is gone, what now ?

homegroup is gone, what now ?: 5 years ago homegroups make our LAN game party very fun, but now its gone. thats mean i can't play together with my friend anymore, any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-is-gone-what-now/55eeca9a-dfb9-4b65-900a-d2927d96c803"
  6. Adding Windows 10 computer to Homegroup of Windows 7

Adding Windows 10 computer to Homegroup of Windows 7: I have 2 windows 7 computers connected using Homegroup for long time. Now i got a new Windows 10 computer. How to connect the Windows 10 computer to the existing network....
  7. Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone

Windows 10 (1803) Homegroup is now gone: Just wondering why did Microsoft remove the home group with Version 1803 of Windows 10. I have lots of PC's still running Windows 7 in the homegroup, plus a Toshiba Networked Hard Drive (Can't Map)....
  8. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  9. Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10

Homegroup sharing Win.7, to Win. 10: Hello all, I am trying to share my files, mainly documents and pictures between my (3) laptops. On my 2 laptops running Windows 7 this is not a problem, but I am unable to share between Win. 7 and Win. 10. I can startup the homegroup, it will recognize the other device on...
  10. Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!

Anniversary Update ~ Homegroup Gone!: After the anniversary update my Homegroup sort of thinks it has gone. If I check the settings, it says ( on all my PC's ) that there is a homegroup to join but I am not currently in a Homegroup. But ... the Homegroup is actually still active. Files and so on are being shared....